Ms. Higgins' Classroom Newsletter
Message from Ms. Higgins
Hope everyone had a fantastic Winter Break!
Next Friday, January 15 is Hopewell Elementary's Service Day of Learning. Kindergarten will be completing a Service Project for the East Trenton Center. We are asking Kindergarten Families to donate gently used books to give to the boys and girls at the East Trenton Center. I will be posting a sign up sheet on Shutterfly for items that we need.
We still are in great need of a supplies! Please consider donating one or more of the following items:
•Napkins (we use them everyday for snack!)
•Baby Wipes/ Wetones Wipes (safe for kids hands!)
•Ziploc baggies (sandwich and gallon)
•Spoons and Forks
COMING SOON! THE 100TH DAY OF SCHOOL! Information is forthcoming...
Have a great weekend! Hope everyone is surviving the cold!
Click the link to be directed to our class Twitter account! Don't have an account? Sign Up! Search for Ms. Higgins or @Mshiggskinder
This Week In Kindergarten...
Writers' Workshop-Personal Narratives
We will begin Book Reviews to learn how to state and support opinions. Currently we are reading favorite classroom books and discussing them using the following sentences:
1. This story made me feel ________.
2. I felt _______ because____________.
Try incorporating these sentences when discussing books at home!
We have started Shared Reading. Together as a class, we read through a story and learn different reading strategies to help read unfamiliar words. This is to prepare us for our next unit Just Right Books. Students will learn to identify books that are comfortable for them to read independently using reading strategies.
- Learned Songs to help us write the numbers using Correct Formation!
- 0- Curve Around All the Way to Make the Numeral 0
- 1-Come Right Down and that is All to Make the Numeral 1
- 2-Curve Around and Slide to the Right to Make the Numeral 2
- 3-Curve In and Around Again to Make the Numeral 3
- 4-Down Slide and Cut it in Two to Make the Numeral 2
- 5-Across and Down, Then Around to Make the Numeral 5
- 6-Come Right Down and Give it a Curl to Make the Numeral 6
- 7-Slide to the Right, Slant Right Down to Make the Numeral 7
- 8-Make an S and Close the Gate to Make the Numeral 8
- 9-Circle Around, Come Right Down to Make the Numeral 9
- 10-Come Right Down then Make a 0 to Make the Numeral 10