Things to Do:
- Observe the different types of plants on display, including the slide of green algae. How are they similar? How are they different?
- Complete the identification of flower parts and their function (Flower and Reproduction handout)
- Measure the rate of water movement through the celery stalk. (Observing Water Movement Handout)
- Watch the videos.
Things to Think About:
- Can any plants move on their own to a new location (are motile)?
- What stimuli cause some plants to move?
- Do Venus Fly Traps need the sun for energy?
- Are the plants one celled? Many cells? Either?
- Is the green algae a colony of one celled organisms or a multicellular organism?
- Where do plants get their energy?
- How do plants reproduce?
- What type of adaptations do they need for survival? Protection from Predators?
Venus flytrap - eating small insects.
Time Lapse of Plants Growing