Serrano Eagles Bulletin
Parent Bulletin - September 28th, 2015
Soaring Moment of the Week: Newspaper Costumes in Theater
Serrano Dad's Meets in Amazing Numbers to plan how to support Serrano!
Parents Learn Like Students Do - - - Parent Ed Night, A Huge Success!
Message from Mrs. Pedroza:
As I walked the halls of Serrano last week, not believing it was Week Five already, I saw so many things to celebrate. Below are a few of the great things I saw:
- 5th and 6th grade band play their instruments for the first time
- 1st Graders coding in the computer lab
- hundreds of Eagles excited about fundraising and supporting programs that make Serrano so great (like Art Masters, Class Act and PE)
- Kindergarteners painting leaves to celebrate the beginning of Fall
- 4th Graders learning how to fold Origami
- parents giving their time to help in classes, attend Serrano events, and man the parking lot to ensure student safety
- and many, many more great things!
Whether week one, five, or twenty-five, we always love the support of our parents, community and all Eagles. We are grateful that you trust us with you children and look forward to a great year.
This bulletin serves a reminder of all the exciting things happening in the next week. Thank you for your time in reading this over. Questions or Suggestions? mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Ed Nights - Success!
We will be having more of these Parent Ed Night and to ensure they fit what parents want/need, please take the survey below to provide your input.
Stay Connected with Serrano
TWEET like an Eagle!
Follow Us on Twitter: @SerranoOUSD (name - Serrano Elementary)
** Tweet your Eagle Pictures to @SerranoEagles and it will show up on our website
Our Twitter Handle has been changed - see new name
What's Coming Up in Week SIX?
Dine Out with the Eagles: A Pace Call will go out this week to let you know where the Dine Out Night is
Wednesday Snack Day: Snacks will be available for purchase to support the 6th Grade Fund.
School Site Council: Please keep an eye out in the Wednesday folder for an opportunity to nominate a parent for School Site Council
SPIRIT DAY FRIDAY: We will be drawing for Spirit Day Friday this week, wear your Serrano shirts Eagles.
ICE CREAM SALES FRIDAY: 5th Grade sells Ice Cream after lunch each Friday.
A Night To Calendar
OUSD Bond Listening Tour
Tuesday, Oct. 6th, 6:30-7:30pm
18042 East Taft Avenue
Villa Park, CA
This great, community-building event, is open to anyone interested and will be a night to talk in groups about the bond and the potential of 2016. Thank you for your involvement in this important evening.
The RSVP below is only to ensure enough chairs are set-up.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
PE Starts THIS WEEK
Keep an eye out for Mrs. McLeary's introduction and how you can get involved in your child's PE experience in the Wednesday Folder.
Make the Not-So-Fun, Fun!
A Message from PFO:
1. We are still looking for some traffic volunteers, we need some brave superheroes to help protect our students in our parking lot!
2. Hope you have been saving your box tops!!! Collection coming up real soon!!
3. An opportunity to Recycle is NOW! Bring your bottles and cans every Wed morning at dropoff. No glass. Please place items in clear or white trash bag with room number on them. This is a class competition, money goes to PFO general fund to support new programs at Serrano. Email email@example.com
4. Our next PFO Meeting is October 8th in the morning in the Staff Lounge. More to come and we welcome the involvement of all.
5. The Fall Carnival is right around the corner and we are excited to have a fun night as Eagles. Please contact your room mom or PFO if you are interested in supporting and if you have a donation that requires our tax-ID number, please contact the front office who will put you in contact with the right PFO rep.
Email questions to: Serranopfopresident@gmail.com
A Message from Serrano Foundation:
A Message from Serrano Dads:
1) PFO Fall Fundraiser has started and the students, staff and community is excited to support Serrano by purchasing these great products. On Tuesdays and Thursday, students who have sold enough items will have the opportunity pick a monkey (for those interested, see samples in the front office)
2) Our Apparel Fundraiser for the 6th Grade Fund is up and going. Items can be purchased through the handout below and sales run through 10/16. See BELOW:
Talent Blossoms in Orange
- Story Creator With Story Creator you can easily create beautiful story books containing photos, videos, text, and audio all in one gorgeous collection. Story Creator truly brings your best stories to life and easily allows you to retell and share your most memorable moments. Story Creator offers a magical way to enjoy your personal pictures, videos, and experiences with family and friends. This is a great way to enhance the writing in the classroom.
- Sushi Monster Meet Sushi Monster! Scholastic’s new game to practice, reinforce, and extend math fact fluency is completely engaging and appropriately challenging. Strengthen reasoning strategies for whole number addition and multiplication by helping monsters make a target sum or product. Earn points with each correct answer… but watch out for distractions! To be successful, plan ahead and strategically select numbers from the sushi counter.
Students need to learn how to type. Here is the typing program students will use at school and one they can track progress at home and school.
STAY TUNED - Things to Come...
- Technology Integration Proposals
- SBAC Score Reports
- School Plan for Serrano