Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today. ~Ernest Hemingway
- Ernest Hemingway survived through anthrax, malaria, pneumonia, skin cancer, hepatitis, diabetes, two plane crashes, a ruptured kidney, a ruptured spleen, a ruptured liver, a crushed vertebra, a fractured skull, and more.
2. Ernest Hemingway killed himself with his favorite shotgun bought from Abercrombie & Fitch.
3. He won the noble peace prize for literature in 1954.
4. The FBI maintained an open file on Hemingway from World War II onwards
5. At the age of 27 he nicknamed himself "papa"
6. In 1905 Hemingway's mom dressed him like a girl wearing dresses with his long hair , but soon later she makes him cut his hair.
7. The Army rejected Hemingway because of his poor eyesight, so he volunteer as a driver with the Red Cross Ambulance Corps.
8. Ernest was married to 4 women
9. After he divorced his first wife a month later he married his 2nd wife.
10. Hemingway's dad committed suicide too.
11. After his second divocrce he marries a girl less than 3 weeks later.
12. He was a failed KGB spy
13. In 1938 he established a world record by catching seven marlin in one day.
In the Florida Keys, there are a lot of 6-toed cats, because Ernest Hemingway’s cat “got around” a lot.
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway
15. Ernest died just like his mother, father, and siblings.
16. After World War ll, he was accused of war crimes.
17. Ernest never went to college.
18. The Italian government awarded him a Silver Medal of Military Valor for dragging a wounded Italian soldier to safety after a attack.
19. Ernest Hemingway was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for The Old Man and The Sea.
20. He had three children