Oak Farm Montessori School
Community Memo - November 13, 2015
Dates to Note:
- Basketball practice
- Yearbook Club
- Soccer Shots - Primary (last session!)
- Lower ELementary Cook Day
- Basketball Game @ Lakewood Park Christian School 5:00 & 6:00
- Soccer Shots - Lower Elementary (last session!)
- Flu Mist
- Basketball practice
- Pay it Forward Club
Friday, November 20:
- Community Coffee with Megan @ the Middle School
Monday, November 23:
- Set up for Grandparents' Day @ 12:30-2:00 Thank you in advance for your help!
Tuesday, November 24:
- Grandparents' Day - Please contact the school if you have any questions
- Early Dismissal - 11:45
- Basketball Game @ St James Lutheran School (UE team only) 5:30
Wednesday, November 24 - Friday, November 26 - THANKSGIVING BREAK!
FluMist - Update
The Noble County Public Health Nurse will be on campus Wednesday, November 18 to adminstorer the FluMist to all students who have a completed permission form on file.
Please let Sarah Shanton-Cox know if your child does NOT need this.
Attendance & Bus Reminders
If arriving later than normal arrivial time or you need to pick your child up early, please be sure to sign-in/out at the Victorian Farmhouse. Nan or Kelly will then call the classroom so your child is able to be ready when you arrive. (Middle School students do not need to be signed in/out at the Victorian House House)
If your child is a bus rider and there is a change in their transportation plans please notify the school too. This helps with dismissal and making sure no child gets on the bus while their parent is on their way to pick them up for carline.
You can call the school 260-897-4270 anytime, if the office is closed, please leave a voicemail.
You can also email Nan, our new fabulous Receptionist at email@example.com
Community Service Project: Sock Drive
The Upper Elementary Green Team students have organized and begun advertising for our community service project. The students investigated why socks are important and how a person's foot health can be affected without appropriate footwear. We greatly appreciate your help in reaching the goal of 150 donated pairs of socks.
- What: Socks--All sizes, new or washed like-new socks; both business and causal socks are needed
- Where: Students will be able to place donated socks in a collection box at each building, starting Monday.
- When: November 16-20
- Why: Socks are an under-donated, but very important item and these socks will be going to individuals in need. They will be distributed through a chapter of the Community Action Coalition.
Oak Farm Connects
You will be getting an "evite" soon inviting you to the first ever Oak Farm Connects event! On Sunday, December 13 Kevin and Nicole Lowe, parents of Gretchen LE1, Beckitt P4, and Cooper P3, will be hosting a holiday open house at their home in Kendallville.
Some future events that are in the works are:
- Family Fun - rolling skating in Auburn
- Family Fun - ice skating in Fort Wayne
- Family Fun - bowling in Albion or Garrett
- Parent Fun - Wine & Canvas event in Fort Wayne
- Family Fun - pizza & play at various parks in the area (these will have to wait for the spring!)
If you have ideas for future Oak Farm Connects events, please contact Macy.
Stop by the Middle School after you drop your child off in carline.
Scholastic Book Orders
Contact the school if you have questions
Tall Oak Raffle Tickets - ON SALE SOON!
The prizes are:
- FIRST PRIZE: $1,200 gift card to Kalahari Water Park (or) Great Wolf Lodge PLUS - $300 cash!
- SECOND PRIZE: Fort Wayne Family Fun Basket - $800 value
- THIRD PRIZE: $300 Oak Farm Lunch Credit for the 2016-17 school year