October 18, 2018
Peer Mentors Attend Training
A Warwick Welcome
Coats for Kids--THIS WEEKEND!
- Friday, October 19 from 4 - 7:30 p.m. at the Doylestown YMCA Branch (2500 Lower State Rd., Doylestown, PA 18901, 215-348-8131)
- Saturday, October 20 from 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Warminster Branch (624 Old York Rd, Warminster, PA 18974, 267-387-9622)
- Sunday, October 21 from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Warminster Heights Community Center (75 Downey Drive)
Please contact the Central Bucks Family YMCA for more information by emailing email@example.com.
From Student Council
Red Ribbon Week Reminder
Red Ribbon Week is NEXT WEEK: Our overall theme this year is Spare Your Life & Choose to be Drug Free; Spare Your Change & Choose to Help Others. Each day will feature a theme day that ties in with the overall theme. We’ll also be asking the kids to bring in loose change for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society so they can experience that natural high that comes from giving to others. As a reminder, our themes are as follows:
- Monday – Wear Shiny clothes (flip-sequins, silver/gold, bling etc.) - “Shine like a penny – don’t dull your future with drugs” Please consider donating pennies for our drive.
- Tuesday – Warwick wear - “High five your Warwick teammates who are paws-itively drug free!” Please consider donating nickels for our drive.
- Wednesday – Surfer/Hawaiian wear – “Hang Ten & take healthy risks, not unsafe ones!” Please consider donating dimes for our drive.
- Thursday – Dress like your dream job – “When I’m 25, I’ll be what I want to be & be drug free!” Please consider donating quarters for our drive.
- Friday – Wear red & jeans – “Supporting red & raising bread is a jean-ius idea!” Please consider donating any type of loose change for the last day of our drive.
Students and staff will wear as much pink as they can to show their support for those who are fighting breast cancer. Date TBD.
Changes to Your Dismissal Plans
If it is necessary to change your normal pick-up routine at the end of the day, i.e., a different adult, bus rather than car, car rather than bus, a change in child care arrangements, etc., a written note must be presented to the classroom teacher, who will share the information with the office.
Any phone calls regarding a change in end-of-day plans must be directed to the office before 3:00 PM through a phone call (267-893-4055) or via e-mail and not directly to the classroom teacher, as teachers are engaged with students' learning and will not be able to check their email during the instructional day.
Excusing Student Absences
Here is a list of absence reasons that are excusable in PA Public Schools: illness, quarantine, death in the immediate family, religious holidays, home emergencies, and health care directly related to the student. Excuses must be called/emailed within three (3) days of the student’s return. State law requires that an explanation of absence be stated in order for schools to excuse an absence.
Peanut/Tree Nut Safe Classrooms
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Young Engineers' Night
Thursday, Nov. 15th, 6-8pm
2804 Holicong Road
PTO Moonlit Fall Harvest Fun for Warwick Families
Saturday, Oct. 27th, 6-9pm
2100 Lower State Road
PTO Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
Wednesday, Nov. 14th, 4-8pm
45 Street Road
More Ways to Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, cal 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Please clip Box Tops and return them to school.
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: A Letter from our President and PTO Web Page
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week.
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.