By: Taylor Stewart and Ashley Austin
Developing Nations and Importance
Difficulties and Differences
Challenges in Developing Nations!
- Poverty: being tremendously poor
- Poor Sanitation: uncleanliness and haphazard disposal of waste and sewage
- Geography: landlocked
- Starvation: not enough food supply for population
- Treacherous Governments: political leader only after self gain and wealth
- Health: high fatalities, little medical care, and wild spread of diseases
- Education: inequality among genders and poor school systems
Differences between Developed and Developing!
- automatic hot running water vs. river water or fuel furnace heated water
- equal rights vs. inequality among men and women
- industrialized vs. primitive farming
- hospitals vs. unsanitary care centers, folktales, and midwifes
- required schooling vs. poor school systems with low literacy rates
Influence and Growth
Growth and Influence on Other Nations!
"Developing Nation | Economics." Encyclopedia Britannica. Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc., n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2016. <http://www.britannica.com/topic/developing-nation>.
"developing nation". The American Heritage New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2005. 14 Jan. 2016. <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/developing nation>.
Ghosh, Swati R. "Reverse Linkages: The Growing Importance of Developing Countries." Finance & Development (1996): 38-41. International Monetary Fund. International Monetary Fund Publication Services. Web. 14 Jan. 2016. <https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/1996/03/pdf/ghosh.pdf>.
"Problems of Development Today." Globalization101. The Levin Institute, n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2016. <http://www.globalization101.org/problems-of-development-today/>.