Monthly Memo from the Principal
Mrs. Robbins- March 2022
Spring is in the AIR!!! Well something is...
Happy first day of March! Man, this Texas weather is something. If you suffer from sinus pressure like I do, bless you. The fluctuations in weather and barometric pressure are a real thing for me...headaches for days. Not to mention the cedar pollen allergies. If you don't suffer with any of it...I am jealous. Don't get me wrong, I want the warmer weather and green grass, so I am willing to suffer like everyone else, but it is tough. The cold and gray skies are such a bummer. Bring on the warm breeze and blue skies!
I used the baseball background here because I am hoping it will spur the MLB season into action and not be delayed due to a lockout. I love baseball and it fills my bucket this time of year. For now, I have college baseball and my son's spring season (he's in 7th grade) to fill our hearts and calendar. Not to mention the countless other items we have going on with select basketball (one daughter) and UIL theater (different daughter)...our calendar has no problem filling up. I am sure your family is the same way! Bring on all the things that spring holds for us all.
Just a reminder that spring break is coming SOON! We are closed from Saturday, March 12 to Monday, March 21. Students will return on Tuesday, March 22. We hope you all enjoy time together as a family and can rest and relax at some point during the break. As for my family, we are heading to Longview, TX to visit my family for a few days, but will be home most of the time to catch up on laundry, cleaning out closets and drawers, and sleep.
Please let us know if your family or Husky need anything. We are here to help.
Pleasant Hill Elementary
Follow us on Twitter: @hrobbinsPHE and @PHEHuskies
Spring Break March 12-21; Return on Tuesday, March 22
Safety Protocol/Procedure Updates for March 2022
Let's try this again...
Due to a drastic decrease in Covid cases, our district will soon move into the "green" phase of our safety protocols. We thank each and every family for being flexible and following our ever-changing processes.
With all of this in mind, we will have the following changes starting after Spring Break:
- Leander ISD approved volunteers may be on campus with teacher/administrator approval or for campus needs per PTA, front office, or administrators
- Visitors will be allowed to attend lunch with students on Fridays only; must sign in at the front office using driver's license
- Water fountains will be uncovered and used as needed
- Students do not have to "cohort" with their class and can mix with other groups
- Husky Huddle (Friday morning campus meeting) may resume at the end of March
- Volunteers will be allowed for campus-wide events; must be an approved LISD volunteer
The following will remain in place due to effectiveness and student independence:
- Morning/afternoon arrival and dismissal procedures will stay the same; families can enter the building using our check-in process if needed (with teacher approval)
- Items being dropped off will not interrupt instruction; students may pick up items as needed once teacher is notified by front office or parent notification
- Birthday items must be individually wrapped and brought in with the student (not homemade)
- Refillable water bottles are encouraged
- Utilizing Zoom or Google Meet for parent/teacher/program meetings (based on needs of all involved)
If you have any questions about these updates, please don't hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHE PTA General Membership Meeting
We NEED you! Calling all WATCH DOGS and SUPER MOMS!!
See Leander ISD Volunteer Guidelines here.
Tell US something GOOD!
Mark your calendar...FIELD DAY is BACK!
T-shirts will be handed out this week. Look for those coming home in backpacks. Please contact Coach Tweed if you have any questions or would like to be a registered volunteer for this event.
This is the schedule for grades:
4th-5th: 8:05-9:35 AM
K-1st: 9:50-11:05 AM
Pre-K: 9:50 AM-when done
2nd-3rd: 12:35-2:05 PM
Want to recognize an amazing PHE staff member?
You can also use this link to find out what your staff members "favorite things" are and grab them a snack or treat to say "thank you" for all of their hard work and efforts!