Davis Parent News!
Kenneth Davis Parent Newsletter: April 30-May 4, 2018
From the Principal
Please see the events, news, and reminders for this week. Thank you for your continued partnership and support. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, questions, or concerns. I'd love to hear from you.
What's happening this week?
- Student Council Meeting, 3:30-4:30pm, rm18
- Choir practice, 7:30-7:55am
- MISD Art Show
- University Awareness
- Math Pentathlon Party, 3:45-4:30pm
- RSVP for Muffins for Mom Deadline
- Choir practice, 7:30-7:55am
- 3rd & 4th Grade Testing Program with NERDS in Cafe, 2-3pm
- MISD Community "Give Back" Nights, 5-8pm
- PTA meeting/2nd grade Cinco de Mayo program at 7pm
Pep Rally, 7:50-8:20am
Cafeteria Worker Appreciation...aka Lunch Hero Day...Friday, May 4th
- 5/7-11, Teacher Appreciation & Nurses Week
- 5/11 Muffins for Mom
- 5/14 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR: Math (Closed campus-No Visitors past 7:50am)
- 5/15 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR: Reading (Closed campus-No Visitors past 7:50am)
MISD Art Show
Tuesday, May 1st, 6-7:30pm
1110 West Debbie Lane
We have 50 art works that will be represented at this show created by our very talented Davis Dolphin artists.
Thank you Mrs. Boudreaux, for fostering the love of art @ Davis!
Sign up for Kenneth Davis Remind
Educational Activities for Home
The school and district provide access to the following resources that can be accessed at home to help students be more successful. For usernames and passwords, check your child’s folder or contact your teacher through remind or, Skyward, or email.
- RAZ Kids: The website where K-5 students go to read — anytime, anywhere! https://www.raz-kids.com/
- Education Galaxy: Education Galaxy is an online program that include practice and instruction in K-4th Grade Math & Reading,4th Grade Writing, and 4th Grade Science.. https://app.educationgalaxy.com/login.aspx
- Istation Home Access: ISIP is an online program that is used by MISD to assess students in reading. IStation is an online program that provides personalized instruction in reading. This is an excellent way to help your child improve their reading skills/level. To begin using Istation Home:
- Install Istation by going to www.istation.com/Install.
- Follow the instructions to install Istation on your home computer (Windows or Mac).
- Double-click the Istation icon on your computer's desktop to begin.
You can view your student's results and obtain access to reports and other resources by accessing the Istation parent portal.
- The first time you log into the Web site, you will be prompted to select your student's school. Type in the school information. (This will only be done once.)
- Type in your student's user name and password as provided by your teacher and click Log On.
- Shout out to Coach Grant and the Field Day Committee!
- Shout out to Davis students, parents, & staff!
Thank you for making this the best field day ever!!!
Do you want to send a shout out to a staff member, student, or student group?
Did you know?
- Please make sure you bring your tag each day when you are picking up your child. Additional tags can be purchased for $2 in the front office. If you need assistance, please ask.
- If you would like to sign up to be a PTA Volunteer, please visit the following link: http://signup.com/go/sS4ayo.
- All Volunteers: Please remember to fill out the background check if you plan to volunteer at Davis: http://www.mansfieldisd.org/page.cfm?p=6001
- You can track your child’s attendance, assignments, and grades through Skyward. https://skywardsis.mansfieldisd.org
Ride the W.A.V.E.
Dear Dolphin Families,
Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) is an approach to promote and maximize academic achievement and behavioral competence. It is a school-wide strategy for helping all students achieve important social and learning goals because we know that when good behavior and good teaching come together, our students will excel in their learning. The foundation of PBIS at Kenneth Davis is the four school- wide expectations: Wise Choices, A+ Attitude, Values, Effort. Students will “Ride the WAVE” by following these four expectations.
View the WAVE Parent Letter Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0GDjizdS9cdcDNlOUx0clZXT3M/view?usp=sharing
View the WAVE Behavior Matrix Here:
Option for parents who choose to make meal payments online. Open link for complete instructions. http://www.mansfieldisd.org/page.cfm?p=4677
Trouble Paying? Have you applied for Free & Reduced Meals?
The Free & Reduced Meals application is now online. The entire process is not only safe and secure, but also completely private and available anytime, anywhere!
Follow the step-by-step screens to enter student and household information
Click “Apply” to submit your application for meal benefits!
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Nutrition office at 817-299-6040.
Did you know?
Vision 2020, Mansfield ISD's strategic plan through 2021, defines the district’s mission, vision, core values, and guiding statements. It is meant to provide clear focus for improvement and drive the district to greater heights.
- Students will read on level or higher by the beginning of the third grade and will remain on level or higher as an MISD student.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of Algebra I by the end of ninth grade.
- Students will graduate with 24+ college hours and/or industry certification or a certificate.
- Students will participate in an extra or co-curricular activity.
- Our parents and students will have choices with educational opportunities.