St. Barnabas Elementary School
Just a few reminders..
- Wednesday, January 12th is an 11:30AM dismissal day for K-8 students. After care is in session. Please be sure to send a lunch and snack for those who are staying the extended day. It is a FULL day for pre-kindergarten students.
- Midterms will begin on Monday for our Grade 6-8 students. It is imperative that they arrive on time for school as midterms will begin promptly at 8:30AM. Good luck to all of our students! Study hard this weekend.
- Map Testing will begin on Monday as well for our K-8 students. A tentative schedule has been distributed to all students and has also been linked to this newsletter.
- We hope you all were able to stay safe and warm and enjoy today's snow day! Please tag us or send a message to @bebarnabas on Instagram with photos of your children enjoying the day.
If you did not receive an IRIS alert regarding today's closure, please be sure to email both Ms. Cruz and Ms. Iorio immediately with your preferred email and phone number so we can update our system.
- PK parents should scroll down to access the weekly newsletter for their child's class along with flyers for an Upcoming Caregiver Workshop which will be given in both Spanish and English. The dates for the English workshop is January 18th and Spanish on January 19th. A parent/child activity calendar for January has been posted as well.
- Please be sure to reference our newsletter on January 1st in regards to the various health and safety procedures and policies that we are implementing in school. As a reminder, Masks are required to be worn in the school building by ALL students. It is not optional. Students should arrive to school in a mask in order to enter the school building.
- We are actively looking to hire PK aides, school monitors and qualified substitute teachers for our K-8 classrooms. If you know of anyone in your network who may be interested/ have any family or friends who may be retired school teachers looking to return back to the classroom, please have them reach out directly to Mrs. Cruz and Ms. Iorio with their resume at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
As the COVID vaccine has now become readily available for children ages 5 to 11, we would ask that you use the following link to record your child's vaccination record. While you are not obligated to share your child's vaccination status, this information will help us move forward with potential larger gatherings, contact tracing and even lunch in the cafeteria. Thank you for your continued efforts to keep our community and school safe.
As the weather becomes colder, students are invited to dress in their gym uniform/spirit wear on non-gym days. A link to the spirit/ uniform shop can be found here: https://www.liebmansuniforms.com/ecommerce/sbs/st.-barnabas-spirit-store.html
Should you need to reach me for anything, please email me at email@example.com or call (718) 324-1088.
17th - No School! MLK Day.
28th - Quarter 2 Ends!
31st - Catholic Schools Week Begins!
Up, Up and Away!
Santa Visited SBES!
If your child is going to be absent, please contact the teacher and the main office directly. All PK absences should be reported to our UPK admin, Mrs. Rivera, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete list of all teachers and their email addresses, should you need them, can be found on the school website.
Reporting a Positive COVID Case
Should your child test positive for COVID or have to be quarantined due to exposure within the home, teachers will make work available via Google Classroom.
Ms. Natalia Castro-Cruz: email@example.com
Ms. Lauren Iorio: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Weekly Health Screening
Each week you will be required to complete the Weekly Health Self-Screening Google Form on behalf of your child(ren) before entering the school building Monday mornings.
Surveys should be completed Sunday evening or Monday mornings by 7am.
Please click the photo above to access the newsletters for the week of January 3rd.
Follow Us On Social Media
St. Barnabas Elementary School
Through an enriched curriculum, complete with after-school offerings, St. Barnabas provides the tools and teaches the skills necessary for future success. In the way of Jesus, our children are taught the discipline, charity and grace of our Lord.