Information for you, your class, your students, your parents
Kudos to our students for being an amazing audience during Friday's assembly!
American Heart Association
Thanks to everyone who participated and supported the AHA!
BIG Meeting Notes
The notes from Monday's BIG meeting are attached. Also, there is an updated note under End of Year Celebration that explains the current plan that we have in place for our End of Year Celebrations.
Missouri Professional Learning Communities Survey
Below is information pertaining to a survey that the MO PLC would like for us to complete. This is for the certified staff.
Please follow the link below to complete the Missouri PLC Project Benchmark Assessment Tool (BAT) survey. This survey is designed to assess the implementation of PLCs in your building. A summary of the results will be used by your PLC leadership team and will be a valuable tool for making your school’s PLC as effective as possible. Your answers are completely confidential, and it should take approximately ten minutes to complete (longer for leadership team members). Should you experience any difficulties with the system, please report them to your principal.
The staff meals will be compliments of our Family and Community Engagement team parents. Thursday (2/11): Sub sandwiches and chips. Tuesday (2/16): Taco Bar.
Howell of Fame
Here is the link for the Howell of Fame nominations. The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, April 4, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. Send or deliver nominations to the Administration Offices. More than one person can nominate the same individual.
We will send out a map and additional information regarding the layout for the Gym and Cafeteria for the conferences.
Thank you for your prompt response from the passing period intruder drill. We learned a couple of things during the drill that need to be addressed or fixed.
1. The speaker in the teacher lounge is not working. Therefore, teachers in the lounge did not hear the announcement. A work order has been placed with the district.
2.The guidance office main door did not lock. A work order has been placed with the district.
3. Please talk to your CCC students about taking each drill serious. There were a number of students who either did not listen to the announcement or did not care as they moved very slowly in the hall.
4. From now on to conclude a drill, the office staff and Officer Ban will open the doors and tell you that we were all clear. If the drill or situation occurs during passing period, please take role of the students in your room. When all doors have been opened and verbal of an all clear to each class, we will make an announcement to continue passing period or class. We do not want anyone in the hallway until we are sure that every classroom has been opened and given the verbal all clear.
5. Please make sure the 1st floor blinds are shut, 2nd floor only if it is convenient.
Dr. Hendrcks-Harris named new Superintendent
Congratulations to our Chief Academic Officer, Dr. Hendricks-Harris for being named new Superintendent. The link below contains the article from the District website.
New Staff Member
Please welcome Jayme Flectcher who will join our Para Educator team beginning Monday, February 8, 2016. The position became available when when Mrs. Debbie Melcher retired in December.
For Your Information...
Family Trivia Night
The Family and Community Engagement (FACE) team is planning a trivia night for Friday, February 26, 2016. There is detailed information on the flyer (above). Let’s show them how much we appreciate all their support this year by attending this FACE event!.
Please get together with your grade level, department, PLC, hallway, or family and put together a basket for the Basket Raffle. Some suggestions are a candy basket, sports basket, gift card, snack food basket, or any other type of basket you want to put together. We will display them at lunch so the students can buy raffle tickets. If you are interested in donating a basket, please contact Cheryl Sellers. Please have the items or baskets in school by Monday, Feb 22, 2016.
Other items that are needed to finalize the winning baskets are; board games, family DVDs, snacks, gift cards for fast food, throw blankets, snacks, popcorn, candy, soda, brownies, cake mixes, icing, empty basket’s, aluminum pans etc. If you would like to donate one of these items to finalize a basket, please bring these items to the office by February 22, 2016.
We are also looking for teachers and students to participate and reserve a table. The question is are you SMARTER than a Fifth Grader? Please see the flyer for information on registration. Please push your students to organize student tables.
If you would rather judge, score keep, or help out that evening please e-mail Mrs. Carolyn Tichenor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support! Our goal is to use the funds raised from the Family Trivia Night to provide an increased amount of technology for our students.
Next week’s Feb. 18th Tech Café will focus on Google Classroom
Please RSVP by using the Poll option in the February 8th email: "Feb 18 Tech Cafe - Google Classroom" from Mr. Bargielski even if you’ve already added Tech Café to your Outlook calendar. This is necessary to get the most recent, accurate count for food planning. If you plan to attend, it is important to reply ‘Yes’ via the poll.
If you need any assistance, please contact Mr. Bagielski.
In working to implement the CITW instructional strategies with Quality, Fidelity, Intensity, and Consisiency (QFIC), we have the following four recommendations for the following two strategies.
The four recommendations for a QFIC Objective include:
1. Set learning objectives that are specific, but not restrictive.
2. Communicate the learning objective to the students and parents.
3. Connect the learning objective to previous and future learning.
4. Engage students in setting personal learning objectives.
The four recommendations for QFIC Feedback include:
1. Provide feedback that addresses what is correct and elaborates on what students need to do next.
2. Provide feedback appropriate in time to meet students' needs.
3. Provide feedback that is criterion referenced.
4. Engage students in the feedback process.
February 11: Parent Teacher Student Conferences 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
February 11: FHMS Social 7:45 p.m. Hogs Haus
February 12: District PD Day 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. FHMS PLCs meet here.
February 15: No School- Presidents Day
February 16: Parent Teacher Student Conferences 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
February 17: Early Release Wednesday - 2:30 p.m. student dismissal.
February 18: Tech Cafe during 4A, 4C, and 5B lunches
February 18: Board of Education meeting 7:00 p.m. Board Room