FES Falcon Parent Update
FES is a Title I School
The FES Family will promote our S.O.A.R. core values by engaging in a supportive and collaborative learning community that nurtures and builds a foundation for lifelong success.
To SOAR means to Stay safe and ready, Own our responsibilities, Achieve our goals, and Respect self and others.
- Mar. 16: School Photos for Pk-3rd and 4th/5th A day students.
- Mar. 19: School Photos for 4th/5th B day students and PK-3rd make up day.
- Mar. 19: World Down's Syndrome Day: Wear your most colorful craziest socks for support.
- Mar. 31: 1/2 day for teacher PD
- April 1st-5th Spring Break
- April 7: Photo Day for Virtual students and make-up day for PK-5th grade students.
- April 8: 1/2 day for grading.
- April 15: Quarter 3 Report cards issued.
FES Picture Days this week!
* See flyer below for ordering.
Day 1 – 3/16, 9:00-3:30, All PK-3rd Grade and 4th/5th A day students for in school students
Day 2 – 3/19, 9:00 until completed, 4th/5th A day students and Pk-3 makeups for In School students
Day 3 – 4/7, 9 am starting time, Virtual students by appointment and additional absent make-ups.
A photographer from Strawbridge Studios will be at Federalsburg Elementary on Tuesday 3/16/2021 and Friday 3/19/2021 to photograph our little falcons. We plan is to photograph all students in Pk-5th grade for the yearbook. Please see the attached digital poster if you are interested in purchasing a photo package. We encourage you to order online by clicking on this link: FES Order Online. It will take you directly to the FES order form at strawbridge.net or go to www.strawbridge.net and enter FES code FM345514. Copy of order form is below.
We would like all Virtual students to be photographed on Wednesday 4/7/21. More information to come. You can use the same order form above.
Also included below is a link to post on your website and share with your parents/guardians. https://strawbridge.fotomerchanthv.com/clients/federalsburg-elementary-school/fall-pictures-3-16-2021/optIn This link will allow parents to sign up to receive updates via email regarding their child's school portraits. These updates include promotions, additional deals and the ability to order more pictures at a later time. When entering student information, parents should be sure to enter the student's name as it is on file at the school.
Thank you for your assistance in helping us deliver a smooth school picture experience! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Strawbridge Studios, Inc.
The Maryland State Board of Education recently voted to delay most state testing until the fall of next year. Specifics of each test may be found by using the link below, with more detailed decisions to be made by the state board prior to the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year.
** If you are not receiving phone calls or emails, please reach out to the front office with your most updated information. This way we can change it in the system. 410-479-2761 and ask for Emily Phillips.
Thank you for your continued support of Federalsburg Elementary School! Stay safe during this interesting weather pattern we are experiencing!
Together We Soar
Possible Summer Opportunities for Students
We are looking to offer summer school opportunities to many of our students. As we develop our summer school plan, we are looking to see what students may be interested in this opportunity. Your response to this survey is simply to gauge interest and at this time is not a commitment.
* Dates- June 21 - July 29, 2021
* 4 days per week
* Elementary School- 9am - 3 pm
* Middle/High School- 9am - 12 pm
* Additional support for Special Education and EL students
Transportation and lunch will be provided.
Please complete one form for each child.
We realize this year has been challenging and look forward to the opportunity for additional in-person learning time. Please complete the form below if you are interested in your child attending CCPS summer school.
Summer School Opportunities for Students Survey
Director of Instruction
FES Spirit Wear Still Available
We still have the following items for sale...
Order your FES Spirit Wear on myschoolbucks.com
Parents can also contact email@example.com for pick-up options.
Youth short sleeve $12.00
Youth long sleeve $16.00 each
Adult hoodies $26.00 each
Adult short sleeve $15.00 each
Tools and Best Practices for the 2nd Semester...
Posted on February 2, 2021
Caroline students are in-person and virtual learners! First semester has taught everyone a lot, and we want to share tips and best practices learned from both staff and students that will ensure second semester success.
- Learning Area: Students need a well-lighted, quiet place in their home for virtual learning.
- On-Time: Students should be on time and on schedule for in-person, synchronous, and asynchronous days.
- Charger: Devices should be charged for home and school, and kept with the device.
- Devices: Take good care of devices when in class, at home and traveling in between.
- Device cameras: Cameras help greatly with student engagement and connection to teachers and classmates! Try to leave them on as much as possible.
- Headphones: Headphones or earbuds should be kept with devices and ready for use. Students should bring earbuds/headphones to school as well.
- Downloading materials: Best practice is to download materials the day before an asynchronous learning day.
- Google Classroom: Log in just prior to class beginning or resuming.
- Learning materials and books: Keep these with the device for easy access.
- PowerSchool: Families (and students) should check PowerSchool on a regular basis to check attendance, grades, and assignments.
- Email: Students (and families) should check email on a regular basis.
Check with principals and school counselors for more tools and best practices for 2nd Semester Success.
Mid Shore Sharing Our Strength Online Support Group
Join other parents and caregivers of children with behavioral health challenges for support and conversation.
We will spend time chatting and supporting each other, share information on local resources, and have a short program on a featured topic. Discussion topics include:
· Mindfulness activities
· Anxiety coping skills
· Benefits of journaling
· Planful organization
For more information, contact
Jen Neithercott at JNeithercott@mdcoalition.org or 443-472-9833
Maryland Coalition of Families
410-730-8267 | www.mdcoalition.org
In these difficult times, it’s easy for misinformation to spread. The goal of CCPS is to ensure communication protocols are thorough and transparent, while protecting employee and student privacy. Please remember that we do have a process for advising those identified as close contacts of a person testing positive. These notifications are followed by an email that tells staff and families of a positive COVID-19 case in our building.
This communication process can be found on the CCPS website page Positive Case Reports. This page also includes a weekly report, by building, of any positive cases reported among staff or students. Feel free to share this page with anyone needing accurate, verified information.