5 Facts about Lascaux
- The cave is in a small village of Montignac
- The ancient artists created paint from minerals and clay, they also used charcoal
- Inside the walls are ancient art paintings from the Paleolithic time period
- Paintings in the cave capture a very primitive side of the animals that show beauty and strength
- The walls primarily consists of images of larger animals most of which are known from fossil evidence to have lived in the area at that time
The cave has amazing ancient art paintings from the old stone age. if you like history and art you should come to France and take a tour through this unique cave.
Lascaux Cave Paintings - Virtual Tour