CGS Weekly Message
Feedback Form FAQ 22-23
“Feedback Form” Submissions from week of 2/6:
Since curriculum night is before the lottery will run, will there be another night for new upcoming 6-12th grade students to attend to have the same information given to them and their families?
Will there be an opportunity for open house/tours/curriculum night for new (incoming 23/24) middle/high school students after the lottery? Several current students have siblings who are hoping to get in for next year, but curriculum night is before the lottery. Surely the new students would have a much easier transition if they have a similar opportunity. Thanks!
- Yes! This is temporarily scheduled for a date in April. More details will be coming to those families once the lottery is complete and enrollment is confirmed.
Why isn’t fifth grade allowed to go on the beach trip? Fifth grade in the past (before Covid) always went on an overnight trip. Also, will they be allowed to go on any field trips?
- No "overnight" field trips for any students have been approved this school year. This year is the first year we've had field trips return and overnight trips are not appropriate this school year as students are still learning CGS expectations for off campus trips. Yes, 5th grade may have the opportunity to take a day trip similar to the one they took after D.A.R.E. graduation if the teachers and administration agree that the trip is of educational value to our students and the school's expectations are met in regards to academic/behavior standards. All field trips must be taken by the end of April as no field trips are approved during the month of May due to end of year testing.
Could you please advise what time a student must remain at school in order to be counted as present for the day? I have read in the Weekly Message it is 11:30, but my child is considered absent when they are signed out early for appointments. I try to make appointments after school if possible, but this is not always an option and I hate for my child to keep being considered absent. Do you have a form parents can have filled out by the student's doctor if they may need to be absent more days than are allowed in order to pass their grade?
- According to our Attendance Policy found in our Student/Parent Handbook, in order for a student to be marked "present" for the school day, they must be on campus until 11:30 A.M. However, if they miss afternoon courses, they will be marked "absent" from those classes in PowerSchool because they aren't present for the actual coursework/classroom instruction. Students will be responsible for making up those missed assignments, coursework, etc. from time missed from class. Medical notes documenting a student's absence will be excused if the note meets the criteria for an excused absence.
Why do the bathrooms always seem to be dirty? Every bathroom I go in is absolutely disgusting. Either the stall doors don’t shut or the toilets are always stopped up. It seems that the sinks are always dirty too. Is there anyway to improve this?
- Thank you for this feedback! Our bathrooms are cleaned throughout the day and after school hours, but it helps to know when/which bathroom seem to be the "worst" throughout the day and in need of cleaning more frequently. Mrs. Vereyken will reach out to you directly to get details and let our janitorial/maintenance crew know about the concerns and how to improve the issues. Thank you!
If you missed something or just need clarity on an event, etc. please fill out the form found here: https://forms.gle/L7oKFaRZUuiuh8JH7 This form will be monitored weekly and answers to frequently asked questions will be provided in the weekly Sunday message.
AMAZING Grizzly Heroes!
Please help us celebrate and SHOUT OUT our Amazing Grizzly Heroes recognized at CGS this week! These students are doing an AMAZING job of modeling our mission, vision, and values at CGS. They go above and beyond at CGS and we are VERY proud of them! Keep up the GREAT work!!
(none recognized this week)
Check out our active listings for next school year found on our website. Information is below!
If you know of someone that would be a fantastic fit for our CGS family, please send them to our website to apply at http://cgsnc.org/home/careers/.
Valentine's Day Dance
Thank you from the CGS Band to everyone that participated in our Valentine's Day Dance Friday evening. Our students had a lot of fun!
We also received some feedback regarding long wait times and overall organization improvements that we can make for next year. Thank you for your patience with us as we work to improve our after school activities and events offered to our students.
SAVE THE DATE- CGS Curriculum Night! February 28th, 2023
SAVE THE DATE for this year's Curriculum Night which is specifically designed for our 5th-11th grade students. Students will have the opportunity to learn about course offerings for next school year, meet teachers who specialize in various content areas and look at options/preferences for his or her schedules for the 23-24 school year.
This is a VERY exciting night for our students, so please make plans to attend! More information COMING SOON!
For ALL CGS Grizzly Fans - ANYONE wanting game information who is interested in getting the CGS schedules can use the CGS Dragon Fly website by using this web address https://go.dragonflyathletics.com/sites/NCHSAA to view each teams schedule, coaches, rosters, purchase tickets and watch games remotely if schools have the NFHS Network.
WEDNESDAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SUBMIT YOUR MRS. PUMPKIN'S FUNDRAISER FORMS, PICK UP DATE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 17TH.
Monday, February 13:
6:00 Varsity Girls vs. River Mill
7:30 Varsity Boys vs. Woods
HOME- 1st Round of Conference Tournament
Spring Sport tryouts/practice begins for Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Soccer
Tuesday, February 14:
Golf practice MS/HS begins
Please contact our Athletic Director, Coach Paschal for any questions at email@example.com.
Please see below progress:
- Started mock up panel with brick and stone
- Continue with framing exterior and interior walls
- Started framing out for windows on 2nd floor
- Continue with HVAC ductwork on both floors
- Continue plumbing for roof drains and bathroom rough-ins
- Started installing waste and vent lines on first floor and bathrooms
- Continue foundation drains
- Continue with fire sprinkler pipe on 2nd floor
- Continue roof insulation and TPO
- Continue with electrical rough in on 1st floor
- Duke Energy continues with work along Pagetown Road
Have a FANTASTIC week Grizzlies!!
As always, thanks for all that you do,
Clover Garden School
*If you need this weekly newsletter translated into a different language, please let our Title 1 Coordinator, Mrs. Simmons know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you have any thoughts, feedback or suggestions for our Title 1 team on ways to improve our practices, please contact Mrs. Simmons at email@example.com.