Colrain Central School News
Where we learn by serving...
September 30, 2022
A Note From Mrs. Looman
- Tomorrow, Oct. 1st, will be our fall work bee. We've got both indoor and outdoor projects that we are hoping to get done and could use your help! Whether you have all day or just an hour or so, we've got a place for you. The work bee will be held from 9:30-1:00. Come for the Fire Department's pancake breakfast and then find Ms. Miller to see where you can help!
- Please click on the button below to find out some more information about the Title I math services our school is able to provide. We are happy to be able to provide additional general education math support to those students who will benefit from it.
- Our friends in Heath are celebrating the 150th birthday of their town and everyone is invited to the party. Please see the flyer below for more information.
- Can you help our library? We want to get hundreds of new books ready for the library shelves and we need your help! You can take part in the Library L.U.V. Takeout Project. Email Ms. Miller (email@example.com) and she will send your child home with a small bag of books for you to prepare at home. Send your bag back within a week and together we will get this project finished on no time! All supplies and directs are included in the bag. Thanks!
- On Wednesday, October 19th, we will be having Jay Mankita from https://www.playfulengineers.com/ here to bring some hands-on workshops to students. We are excited to be able to have him come back again and thank the Colrain Cultural Council for making it possible.
- School Picture Day is scheduled for Tuesday, October 25th.
- We will be holding an All-School Hike/Nature Day on Wednesday, October 26th. More details coming soon.
The new CCS beanies, t-shirts, and sweatshirts are now available for purchase. If you did not purchase anything at Open House and would like to, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to get you set up with some new apparel!
The next PTO meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 11th at 3:30. All are welcome.
From District Nurse Leader Donna Weber
COVID-19 TESTING REMINDER Just a reminder that we are NOT allowed to test students or staff for Covid-19 this school year. We were informed at the very end of the last school year that the State would no longer cover our district for testing. We had an abundance of iHealth test kits at the end of the school year that the State said we can give to people for self use as long as we have them. We will not be getting any more. The school nurse is not allowed to perform, supervise, or advise on the use of these tests.
COVID-19 TESTING REMINDER
Just a reminder that we are NOT allowed to test students or staff for Covid-19 this school year. We were informed at the very end of the last school year that the State would no longer cover our district for testing. We had an abundance of iHealth test kits at the end of the school year that the State said we can give to people for self use as long as we have them. We will not be getting any more. The school nurse is not allowed to perform, supervise, or advise on the use of these tests.
The expiration date on the kits says they are expired but the expiration date was actually extended. To check expiration dates, please go to https://ihealthlabs.com/pages/news where you can enter the lot number to find out when they will expire. Once expired, all iHealth test kits obtained through the school should be thrown away. You can obtain 8 free antigen self test kits, per person per month, from your pharmacy that will be charged to your insurance. Some people can pick them up for free. Others may need to pay upfront and be reimbursed by your insurance company. It really depends on your insurance. Call your pharmacy with any questions.
You can also call your local Board of Health. Many of them have antigen self tests free of charge for their citizens.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Donna Weber, MSN, BSN, RN
MTRS/HRS District Nurse Leader
413-625-9811 ext. 1334
save the date!
10/1: 9:30-1:00 Work Bee
10/4: 3:30 LEC meeting
10/10: No school in honor of Indigenous Peoples' Day
10/11: 3:30 PTO meeting
10/12: 6:30 School Committee meeting
10/19: Jay Mankita from Playful Engineers visits
10/25: School Picture Day
10/26: All school hike day
September early release dates:
1:50 dismissals: 9/28
October early release dates:
1:50 dismissals: 10/5, 10/19, 10/26