Blue Haze Bulletin
Weekly Staff Newsletter 1/11 - 1/15
Team Lead Meeting
- Family Reading Night February 25th...additional upcoming events to involve families?
- School-wide theme for next year
- Video Taping lessons/YouTube "Instructional Bank"
- Community Service "Green Thumb Team" this Spring
- Tutors, How to utilize?
- Super Saturdays (How many do we want to do? Who would be interested?)
- If you are sick or will be absent, text me the night before or morning of, in addition to Mr. Mahler, so we're both aware of who is on/off campus each day.
- If you are late, text or call Mr. Mahler and I so we can be sure your duty and/or classroom is taken care of.
- Lesson plans are to be posted online by Monday mornings at 7:00am.
- If you leave campus during the school day, whether it's to grab food for lunch or make a Sonic run during conference, please text or call both Mr. Mahler and myself to let us know. This is a simply a safety precaution, as we need to know who all is on/off campus each day...you never know when an emergency or evacuation may happen.
- Leads, post your PLC agendas by Wednesday afternoons.
- Leads--or whoever is responsible for newsletter--be sure you are cc'ing me or sending me your weekly grade level newsletter emails.
- Complete your attendance on time, every day.
- Arrive and pick up your class from specials ON TIME every day. Being off even 4-5 minutes each day is 25 minutes of instructional time lost each week.
- Staff should stand INSIDE the doors for morning duty if the weather is below 40 degrees.
- Update your student work boards in the hallways at least once each six weeks, including the TEKS it demonstrates.
So, on the Wednesdays when we don't have staff meetings, K-4 teams should use this time (3:05-4:00) to come together and continue your lesson planning collaboration. Hopefully this additional time for lesson planning will result in more "Quadrant D" lessons across campus. Remember the saying, "Measure twice, cut once!"
Additionally, each team is receiving a half day during January to collaborate and plan for upcoming weeks. We are also bringing in RTI and Resource for parts of those meetings so they can sit with teams and discuss upcoming goals and curriculum.
TCU's LiiNK Project
The website for the LiiNK Project is www.liinkproject.tcu.edu<http://www.liinkproject.tcu.edu><http://www.liinkproject.tcu.edu>
TCU video that introduces the LiiNK Project and Dr. Debbie Rhea http://getstarted.tcu.edu/profile/debbie-rhea/
KERA radio/NPR did an interview with Dr. Rhea and one of the LiiNK schools - Eagle Mountain Elementary. The link to it is:
On Monday,January 11, between 8:00a-9:00a CST, an interview with Dr. Debbie Rhea and project playmates will be aired on NBC's Today Show. The interview will also air on the NBC Nightly News, but no date has been established.
This is the article in the Today Show online segment - parent section.
Cowtown CALF Grant!
On Monday, the Cowtown CALF Program delivered nearly 70 pairs of Sketchers tennis shoes to 3rd and 4th grade Running Club students at Blue Haze Elementary. Blue Haze Running Club applied for a grant through the CALF program that provides free tennis shoes, and a reduced price entry fee to run the Cook Children’s 5k on February 27th.
Thank you to our amazing teachers Ms. Holub, Ms. Lockhart, Ms. Hummel, Ms. Ingram and Ms. Lowry for working so hard on this amazing project!
Thursday 1/14: Grade Level PLCs
Friday 1/15: Cowboys & Kids Anti-Bullying Rally, 1:00, Gym
Monday 1/18: HOLIDAY
Tuesday 1/19: Team Lead Meeting, 3:05 Conference Room
Wednesday 1/20: K-4 Team Lesson Planning Collaboration Time, Warm-up Wednesday
Thursday 1/21: Life Skills Meeting 3:05, Conference Room, $1 Wear Sweats Day, 3rd Six Weeks Ends, Grade Level PLCs
Friday 1/22: Staff Development Day, BHE
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!