August 30th, 2019
We Are Off and Running......
We have completed our first week of the 2019-2020 school year. Students are quickly getting acclimated to classroom routines and procedures and it has been a delightful week as we welcomed both new and old Pandas. I have had the pleasure of seeing old friends reuniting and new friendships developing. I have personally enjoyed greeting our students each morning as they enter the building, which very well may be the best part of my day.
We thank you for your patience during carpool as well as with bus transportation. For the safety of our students and staff members we ask that you adhere to the following:
MORNING CARPOOL: Students should only depart/exit from the passenger side of your vehicle.
AFTERNOON CARPOOL: Do not make a left hand turn onto Penny Road when leaving the afternoon carpool line. (Turning left creates delays that impact dismissal and traffic on Penny Road.)
Slow Down ~ We know that sometimes you may be in a rush, but please slow down while driving on our campus.
Our baby Pandas (kindergarten students) will be joining us for their first week of school next week and we look forward to having them on campus.
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
WELCOME BACK PANDAS!!
Want to be a parent volunteer at PRE? All school volunteers are required to register with WCPSS and pass a criminal background check. Online registration can be submitted at PRE starting at our back-to-school events or during normal operating hours.
Important Dates to Remember
- Friday, August 30th- 9:30am to 10:30am Panda Party for Kindergarten families
- Monday, September 2rd- No School for Labor Day holiday
- Tuesday, September 3rd 9:30 Welcome (back) Breakfast
- Friday, September 6th Spirit Day-wear your PRE colors (red/white/black)
- Wednesday, September 11th 10:30 a.m.-10:00 p.m. -Spirit Night at City BBQ
- Thursday, September 12th 9:00-9:30 Room Parent Information Meeting
- Tuesday, September 17th 6:00-6:30 Room Parent Information Meeting
- Tuesday, September 17th General PTA Meeting 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Spirit Night at City BBQ
In the Know...
There are various ways our PTA communicates throughout the year. In an effort to get information in a timely and convenient way, you may take the following steps to ensure that you stay connected:
- Be on the lookout for our weekly newsletter the “Panda Pulse”. This digital newsletter will be sent to you via School Messenger which is a Wake County Public School messaging service. The Panda Pulse will come to the inbox of the email you have registered at Penny Road, or it may come to your cell phone. Links to the newsletter may also be found on our PTA website homepagewww.pennyroadpta.com or Penny Road’s Wake County Public School website www.wcpss.net/pennyroades.
- Join our online school directory at www.konstella.com. In the top right corner of the homepage, click “Find Your School” and follow the steps to sign in. Once approved by an administrator, you will want to “Join” your child’s classroom. Through this website, you will be able to communicate with the families of your child’s classmates who are also registered. You will receive school wide announcements via email, as well as, school wide volunteer sign ups. For quick reference, download the free app but we do recommend visiting the site from a computer for full access.
- Visit our PTA website at www.pennyroadpta.com. Here you will quickly find our weekly newsletter, school calendar, links to PTA forms and other information.
- Like us on Facebook: Penny Road Elementary PTA.
- Follow Mrs. Hoke, our principal, on Twitter @PennyRdES
- Mark your calendars and join us at our four General PTA meetings this year:
1. September 17th- 6:30pm
2. November 19th- 6:30pm
3. February – not yet set
4. May- not yet set
Rent the Rock
Join the PTA!
One of the easiest ways for you to support our school is to become a member of the PTA. When you join our school’s PTA, you automatically become a member of the North Carolina PTA. At the county and state level, PTA leaders work tirelessly to advocate for public education. By joining the Penny Road PTA, you are increasing the advocacy efforts of these leaders.
Other great reasons to join the PTA:
Be in the Know: PTA membership helps you keep up with what is happening at school.
Build relationships:The PTA connects you to teachers, administrators and other families through meetings, events and communication helping to build a strong sense of community for our students and their families.
Access great resources: Our PTA meetings will provide some great information for parents to help your child make the most of their school year.
To pay your membership dues online, click HERE. You will be directed to the MemberHub website used for NC PTA membership. (Please note there is a small service charge added to your bill.) To pay by cash or check, please download and print this form and send your payment into school. Checks are made payable to the Penny Road PTA.