PINE HOLLOW MIDDLE SCHOOL
Friday, February 14, 2019
Friendly reminder that there is no school tomorrow (2/15), or Monday (2/18). We hope your children enjoy the 4-day weekend and use it as an opportunity to catch up on some of the work they haven't yet completed. If you can take an extra few minutes with them this weekend to review their assignments on HomeLink, we know it will greatly help them. Our teachers are constantly reminding students to complete assignments and turn in late work, so your support in this area will dramatically help our students increase their learning and improve their grades.
On a similar note, progress reports were distributed today, so if your child did not share their's with you, you can view their grades on HomeLink, or call the office to get another copy. Finally, please email your teachers if you have questions or concerns about your child's progress. They are happy to talk with you and/or meet with you if necessary. Thank you for your support, have a great long weekend with your family, and happy Valentines Day! Best,
Principal, Pine Hollow Middle School
(925) 672-5444 x5500
Progress Reports Distributed Today
GIRL Camp Applications
View the flier below to learn more about the GIRL Camp coming this June at Valley View Middle School. This opportunity is open to current 6th and 7th graders interested in STEM projects. The purpose of the GIRL Camp is:
- To build a community of local girls and women who are interested in STEM subjects.
- To provide role models and strengthen leadership skills.
- To develop programming/robotics/STEM thinking with 60 girls from the nine MDUSD middle schools.
View the flier below to get more details and apply!
The immunization regulations have changed starting July 1, 2019. Students advancing to 7th grade will need to show proof of:
- the standard required immunizations for school,
- and 1 dose of Tdap (booster for tetanus; diphtheria; and pertussis, also called whooping cough), given on or after the 7th birthday,
- and 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox), both doses given after 12 months of age, or healthcare provider verified “had disease”.
Without proof of these additional immunizations, your child will not be allowed to attend school. Full details are attached below:
Upcoming Key Dates
- February 14: 3rd Quarter Progress Report Cards Distributed
- February 15: No School (School Recess)
- February 18: No School (Presidents' Day)
- February 19: MDUSD Facilities Master Plan Town Hall Meeting
- February 27: PTSA Meeting
- March 4: Basketball Games at Riverview MS
- March 5: Site Council Meeting
- March 11: No School (Teacher In-Service Day)
- March 15: 3rd Quarter Ends
- March 18: Basketball Playoffs
- March 22: 3rd Quarter Report Cards Distributed
- March 25: Basketball Playoffs
- March 29: No School (Cesar Chavez Day Observed) / Spring Break Begins