Mrs. Lyons' Newsletter
Week of September 7, 2015
Mark Your Calendar:
Every Friday: Don't forget your tennis shoes for P.E.September 7: Labor Day & No School
September 17: Grandparent's Day for last names A-L
September 18: Grandparent's Day for last names M-Z
September 22: Back to School Bash (More details to come.)
October 15: Fall Pictures
October 16: Awards Assembly
October 19, 20, & 22: Parent Teacher Conferences
October 23: No School
- Spelling: We will begin working on new words this week. Students were given a copy to practice at home to prepare for our test on Friday.
- Reading: This week we are learning how to read and respond to a wide variety of books from different genres (fiction and non-fiction). Students are strongly encouraged to read at home every night, even if it is 10 minutes here and there.
- Writing: This week we will continue using our writer's notebooks and gathering ideas for stories.
- Math: We will continue learning about place value up to the millions place. At home, students should be practicing their multiplication facts, especially the 3x tables. We will practice the 3 times tables all week and assess these facts this Friday. Check out www.multiplication.com/games for fun multiplication games. See the button below for a link to the website.
- Science: There are several fun science labs in our future where we will use the scientific method!
- Student Planners: Check your child's planner for daily updates on what we are learning. If the assignment is to be done as homework, we will indicate this with HW.