Ms. Sierra's 5th Grade Class
This site is to give you helpful sites and information that is used in the classroom, as well as my contact information in case you ever need to get in touch with me.
Topics Covered During First Nine Weeks
- Launching Reading Workshop
- Fiction and Literary Non-Fiction
- Reading With a Purpose
SOCIAL STUDIES - U.S. History
- Time of Encounters and Settlements
- Launching Writing Workshop
- Personal Narrative
- Literary Response
- Writing With a Purpose
Students should be reviewing at home daily what they have learned in class, and reading independently for at least 30 minutes.
The following links are sites that students can use for extra practice, homework, research, or to find useful information related to the topics covered in class.
- FBISD - www.fortbendisd.com
- Brainpop - www.brainpop.com
- Gaggle Accounts - gaggle.fortbendisd.com
- Learning Tech Lessons - www.learning.com
- Scholastic - www.scholastic.com
- Discovery Education - www.discoveryeducation.com
- FBISD Digital Resources - http://www.fortbendisd.com/departments/technology/library/digital-resources
- Academic Kids Educational Encyclopedia - www.academickids.com
- PBS Kids - http://pbskids.org/
- National Geographic - http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/kids/
- Fun Brain - http://www.funbrain.com/
I'll continue to add more as the year goes on.