Library News for WVWC Staff
New and Notable for 2013-2014
Updates for You
Over the summer, the library staff was busy assessing the collections (and use thereof), making sure that the place was ready for fall, and planning new and improved services for you and your students. Below are just a few highlights to get you started.
Credo Reference brings us a brand new tool which echoes the library:
- Collection of electronic reference books - about the same size as the collection on the first floor of our building, but accessible 24/7/365, latest editions, searchable, and we can actually gather usage statistics!
- Place to start your research in order to get background information. It includes topic pages, which we predict will be highly popular with faculty and students alike.
- Services which include: links to many of our other resources, high resolution images (and permission to use them for academic purposes), a chatbox to chat with our local librarians, and much much more. Have fun with this!
- Be sure to watch for workshops and information sessions to learn about the many features.
Access World News
This comprehensive news collection is ideal for exploring issues and events at the local, regional, national and international level. Its diverse source types include print and online-only newspapers, blogs, newswires, journals, broadcast transcripts and videos. Use it to explore a specific event or to compare a wide variety of viewpoints on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people. Content is easily searched and sorted through an intuitive, map-based interface.
- 3,425 Sources
- 25 WV Newspapers
- Full Text
- Updated Daily
Mango Languages: Languages Connect the Ideas of the World
언어는 세계의 아이디어를 연결 (Korean)
Teangacha nascadh na smaointe an domhain (Irish)
- Mango Languages offers 61 languages
- 17 ESL Languages teach English
- You can get an app for your phone or ipad
- Besides modern languages, you can learn Biblical Hebrew and Ancient Greek
- You can even learn Pirate ( a favorite of students). Did you know it was based on Old English, and that International Talk Like a Pirate Day is coming up on September 19?
Connect With Us!
- Chat with a librarian on our webpage
- Text a librarian at 304-460-1695
- Facebook (Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library)
- Twitter (Follow @AMPLibrary)