By: Grace Kula
Lexington and concord
1. This kicked off the American revolutionary war.
2. There was a lot of tension between residents and the 13 American colonies and the British authorities.
3. A confrontation on the Lexington town green started the fighting.
4. About 3,500 militiamen were firing constantly for about 18 miles and only killed about 250 redcoats.
5. They proved they could stand up to one of the most powerful army's in the world.
6. The news of the battle spread quickly it reached London my May 28.
1.It was a 42 page pamphlet.
2.It was distributed in Philadelphia.
3.It was published anonymously.
4.The author Thomas Paine argued that citizens not kings and queens should make the laws.
5.News about this spread thought the colonies and eventually sold 500,000 copies.
6.Common sense changed the way many colonists viewed the king.
Declaration of Independence
1.It Formally announced the colonies break from Great Britain.
2.While doing this it expressed 3 main ideas that were from Thomas Jefferson.
3.The first one was he argued that all people posses unalienable rights,or rights that are a natural part of being born and cannot be taken away.
4.The second one was Thomas Jefferson listed the complaints of the colonists.
5.The third one was that Jefferson stated that the colonies had the right to break from Britain.
6.On July 4 ,1776 the contenintal congress approved the Declaration of Independence.
Battle of Saratoga
1. Since the two quick defeats stung the British they wanted a victory.
2.The battle of Saratoga was in New York.
3. Burgoyne was forced to surrender his entire army to General Haratio Gates.
4. It was the turning point of the Revolutionary war.
5.This was the greatest victory yet for the American forces.
6.The victory of Saratoga gave the Patriots foreign help which is what they were desperately seeking.
Winter at valley Forge
1. Marquis de Lafayette's role was a foreign volunteer from France and he helped to train the soldiers from the continental army.
2.Washington and his battle spent the winter at valley forge .
3.valley forge was in Pennsylvania.
4.Many people died of diseases and pneumonia while marching.
5. While at valley forge Washington used his time to train and discipline the troops.
6. Marquis de Lafayette and Baron Von Steuben were foreign volunteers and they helped train the soldiers of the contenintal army.
Battle of yorktown,1781
1.The French fleet blocked their escape by sea.
2. A few days after combat, Cornwallis and his 8,000 British Soldiers were forced to surrender.
3. Charles Cornwallis said he was ill so he would not have to take a part in the surrender ceremony.
4. The battle of Yorktown ended up being the last major battle of the war.
5. Washington feared that the war might go on for another year.
6. When word reached England of the defeat at Yorktown, the British government decided to give up the fight.
Treaty of Paris,1783
1. This is what formally ended the Americana Revolution war.
2. They were under terms.
3.The first one is The British recognized the independence of the colonies.
4. The second the British promised to remove all of their troops from the country.
5. The third one was The new western boundary of America was the Mississippi River.
6.In the Treaty of Paris Great Britain recognized the independence of the united states.