MLKJr. VS. MalcomX
By Rebecca Lam
Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s campaigns and teachings shows and emphasize love in action.
- He was an American Baptist minister ,humanitarian , an activist , and a leader in the African American Civil Rights Movement.
- He is best known for his role in the advancement of civil rights by using nonviolent civil disobedience based on his christian beliefs.
- Martin Luther KIng Jr. was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta ,Georgia.
- Martin led the 1955 Montgomery Bus Boycott and organized nonviolent marches like the 1963 March on Washington, where he gave his world-wide famous "I Have a Dream" speech.
- Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated on April 4, 1968 at Memphis, Tennessee.
- He felt frustrated with the nonviolent and integrate of the civil rights.
- Malcom X was born on May 19, 1925 at Omaha, Nebraska
- He wrote about free drug rehabilitation, promoted black supremacy, and he rejected the civil rights movement.
- He repudiated the nation, disavowed racism and founded Muslim Mosque, and he also found the Organization of Afro-American Unity.
- He continued to emphasize Pan-African-ism, black self-determination, and black self-defense.
I believe Martin Luther King Jr.'s philosophy made more sense for america during this time because many people in the 1960s wanted freedom, equality, and integration. Martin Lurther King Jr. philosophy greatly impacted america and made a better and global difference than Malcom X.