HRE Weekly Bulletin
February 22nd through February 26th
This week at a glance...
Tue, Feb 23rd: Flessner Debrief (3rd & 4th), 8:00
Tue, Feb 23rd: SIP Review Meeting, 3:45
Wed, Feb 24th: HA Meeting (J. Lee's room), 8:15
Wed, Feb 24th: World Read Aloud Day
Thur, Feb 25th: SIP Presentation @ Admin, 1:00
Fri, Feb 26th: School Spirit Day (Favorite President/1st Lady)
Fri, Feb 26th: HSSF Game Day Event @ Connor Prairie
Next week at a glance...
Mon, Feb 29th: Delay Schedule #1 for Related Arts
Tue, Mar 1st: ISTEP Testing (3rd & 4th)
Tue, Mar 1st: Delay Schedule #2 for Related Arts
Wed, Mar 2nd: ISTEP Testing (4th)
Thur, Mar 3rd: ISTEP Make-up Testing
Thur, Mar 3rd: Admin PD, 9:00-4:00
Fri, Mar 4th: ISTEP Make-up Testing
Fri, Mar 4th: PTO Movie Night
Congrats Amber Townsend!
Other staff members receiving nominations this time were...Kathy May and Wendi Washburn. Don't forget to nominate a colleague who you catch "Getting a GRIP"! Nomination slips are here in the office.
HSE21 In Action!
The clip below illustrates how technology can meaningfully amplify literacy instruction. In addition to their traditional Reading and Writing Workshop work with book making and small group reading conferences, students maintain organized electronic folders for their quick work at literacy stations.
· Audio Books: build background on a topic or model reading fluency
· Phonemic Awareness: reinforcement through game play
· Building Word Families: application of a word pattern to other words
Click the link or copy it to view...
School Improvement Plan Review
Copier Etiquette 101
The following items have been shared by your colleagues regarding copier etiquette. Please read through and assist where you can...
- If you need to make multiple copies (such as a class set), please only print one set, retrieve it from the printer, and then go to the copier to make the multiple copies that you need. This will allow you to monitor the job, replenish paper etc. This will also assist in not delaying a colleague who is physically present in the workroom to make copies during their preparation time.
- Please use the office workroom and green hallway workroom copiers for most of your jobs. The library printer should be used primarily for color copies. The computer lab printer should be used sparingly so that classes in the lab may print to that machine. The big copier in the office workroom (#1) is the fastest.
- Please do not print teacher pay teacher materials in their entirety directly from the website. If you would like something from their website, please copy and paste it to a word document then print the word document. This website constantly causes the machines to get stuck in a spooling queue therefore causing any subsequent jobs to be stuck and eventually deleted.
Fire Drill Notes
- Be sure to close your classroom door & turn off the lights
- Post your Blue "All Clear" sign outside of your door
- If your grade level is at Literacy Friday, please make your way to that area to assist with crowd control
- Please call teacher names and classes in the order they appear on the sheet
- Be sure your radio is on Channel 1 during the drill
World Read Aloud Day, February 24th
Please visit the following link to learn more about WRAD!