Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
December 11, 2015
Ms. Bousman's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @Amy_bousman
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
December 18th Market Day (see below)
December 18th Holiday Party
December 21-Jan 4 Holiday Break
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 3 PE
- Tuesday- Day 4 Music
- Wednesday- Day 5 Art
- Thursday- Day 6 PE
- Friday- Day 1 Music
What's Happening in Ms. Bousman's Class
Social Studies- Economy- Market Day
Our Economy Unit has been so much fun and has taught the students so much about how the economy works.
Students have been busy writing a business plan, discussing marketing and making an advertisement to be included in a catalogue for 3rd grade. They made a prototype, made modifications if needed and then began production.
We have our culminating activity on Friday...MARKET DAY!! They are so excited and proud of their hard work!
We had a guest speaker, Dani Pugel, share how she used her talents to start a business.
Dani shared some of her products and information about her Etsy store.
Students began making their own products.
Elephants All Around!
Hour of Code
- We will be looking at the difference between facts and opinions. We will read lots of persuasive articles to find different facts and opinions.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We will continue learning about long division. Please continue to practice math facts at home. Some children will be frustrated with the concept of division- please continue to encourage them. They will get it!
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will continue to explore persuasive writing and its key components
- We will view a debate and discuss how a debate works
- We will continue to write about topics of our choice.