Manton Elementary Newsletter
January 15, 2021 Vol. 18
Important dates to remember:
- Monday, January 18 PTO meeting 6:30 PM in the elementary library
- Monday, January 18 1:00-2:00 Interventions resume
- Wednesday, February 10 Count day
- Thursday, February 11 Parent Teacher Conferences 1-3pm and 5-8pm
- Friday, February 12 No School
- Monday, February 15 No School (Presidents Day)
- March 29-April 2 Spring Break
News for You:
- Interventions: The 1:00-2:00 interventions will resume on Monday, January 18th. If your student was participating in the interventions before the shut-down, then they will continue on the 18th. New groups will be formed in early February and start on February 8th.
- Please remember to send in a water bottle and face mask for your student.
- If you have an updated phone number and/or address please be sure to contact the office to have this updated in our system.
- PTO: The PTO (parent-teacher organization) is looking for new parent recruits who want to be a part of a great group to enhance the school experience for all students! The next meeting is on Monday, January 18, at 6:30 PM. Come to the doors on Maple Street to be screened in.
- Please note the following Internet Access points for Manton Students: (Student devices will automatically connect to the wireless network except Bloomfield Township) Manton School Parking lot, Rollins Church, Caldwell Township, Bloomfield Township using the following code: bYid3fi6 , Liberty Township, Greenwood Township, Cedar Creek Township.
- Parents dropping off their children on Maple Street. Please do not allow your child to exit on the traffic side. This is a safety precaution, and we appreciate your assistance.
- Parents are not allowed in the building this year. If you have a pre-arranged meeting, then you will need to wear a face mask and be screened in.
- Please wash your child's face mask each day before wearing it again at school.
- Parents, continue to drive forward in the drop-off lane, and please do not leave the vehicle. It has been a great start to the school year, and we want to keep it that way. Thanks!
- I am Smart
- I am Loved
- I am Confident
- I am a Good Friend
- I Care about Others
Manton Remote Students
We are not far away (April/May), where we will be asking all remote students to come in and take some assessments. This will be conducted after school hours and take multiple days. We will be assessed in the areas of math and reading. During this time, we will also look at your work completion and discuss the best option for your child for the following year.
Student Health Screener/Updated Quarantine Guidelines
☐ Temperature 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or feels feverish
☐ Sore throat
☐ New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing (for students with chronic allergic/asthmatic cough,
a change in their cough from baseline)
☐ Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
☐ New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
Individuals can shorten their quarantine to 10 days after their last contact with a person who has COVID-19 ONLY IF:
- They do not develop any symptoms or signs of COVID-19 infection during daily symptom monitoring for the 10 days after the last exposure; and,
- Daily symptom monitoring continues through day 14 after the last exposure.
If there is any concern about whether or not they will follow these instructions, they should follow the standard 14 day quarantine.