Through the eyes of a child
With our instructor-led course / Diversity & Inclusion
The purpose of this course is to make a meaningful, and life-changing impact. How? By bringing awareness and knowledge, as it relates to understanding your own cultural competencies, increasing your knowledge-base of diversity-related terminologies and topics, and experiencing the “peacefully chaotic” journey of others. This course is designed to affirm that together we work better because of our differences, not despite them.
Through the Eyes of a Child: Diversity and Inclusion is a 2-part course. When you register for the course, you will automatically be registered for Part I and Part II.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to do the following:
- Have a better understanding of your own cultural competency.
- Understand how your cultural competency impacts your daily interactions with others.
- Be able to define and identify diversity, culture, stereotypes, prejudice, discrimination, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Better understand diversity as it relates to various populations (Impaired / Disabled / Handicapped / LGBTQ / Generations)
- Learn ways to create a more diverse and inclusive environment in your workplace.
Module I: Test Your Knowledge
Module II: Diversity
Module III: Culture
Module IV: Stereotypes
Module V: Prejudice
Module I: Discrimination
Module II: Impaired/Disabled/Handicapped
Module III: LGBTQ
Module IV: Generations
Module V: Inclusion
Course Offering Details
Occurs on: (Day 1) Wednesday, June 6th & (Day 2) Wednesday, June 20th at 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Instructor Led: Dr. Tara Chandler
Manager Approval Required: Yes