January 2016 Issue 2
Badge Stats to Date
- Digital Badges issued so far: 5,317
- Digital Badges issued this school year: 4,816
- Digital Badges issued in January: 141
Digital Badging is open to ALL schools. Do you know a teacher at another school who might be interested in Badging their students? If so, talk to them about how to incorporate Badging into their classroom and the importance of noticing and naming their students' 21st Century Skills!
Aurora Auto Pros is a full service preventative maintenance and automotive repair shop. Employees of Aurora Auto Pros must use the skills of investigation, exploration, analysis and organization in order to figure out how to solve problems. Your students will love earning a reward with this family owned and operated shop as they learn about what it may be like to have a career in the field of Critical Thinking.
January Tip of the Month: It's all about Quality!
When planning out how students will earn Badges, don't forget to think about Quality. Below are some guiding questions you can ask yourself to ensure that all Badges you issue are of the highest quality.
- Does this Badge provide rigor for our students?
- Can the student demonstrate this skill independently?
- Has the student had multiple opportunities to show this skill?
- Is the Badge evidence based?
- Is the Badge transferable?
- Is the Badge based on a small/granular skill?