The Official Newsletter of Combs High School
May , 2020
To view this newsletter in it's intended format please open in your browser
GO COYOTES !!!!!
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of our students for their diligent work throughout the school closure. I know this process was difficult and at times frustrating, so thank you for the work you put in. Thank you to the parents for their patience with their students and this process through these uncharted times and the frustration you may have felt. I personally appreciate your support and wanted to thank you. To our teachers, thank you. You left on Spring Break and came back to a new educational platform that you had to learn overnight. You did this without warning or complaint. I want to thank you for your dedication to our students and this our community. I hope you have a restful and peaceful Summer Break. Mr. Farabee
Did you know? 4th quarter begins when we return from Spring Break, and there are a few things we will be focusing on to make sure that our seniors are ready for graduation, and the rest of the student body is ready for their next year:
- Our counseling intern, Mrs. G, is meeting with students who need help filling out or completing their FAFSA. Parents, you are more than welcome to take part in the process. To make an appointment with Mrs. G, please call (480) 882-3540 extension 7538.
- Seniors who are not on track to graduate need to step up their efforts to finish their online classes, and to pass all in person classes. Remember, the tassel is worth the hassle!
- Junior, Sophomore, and Freshman students who have failed any classes need to be meeting with their counselors to plan for ways to make up their credits and be on track for graduation.
- State testing will be taking place in the 4th quarter. Please watch your email for important dates so that students can be in class, on time, and ready to do well.
- Scholarships possibilities are coming in quickly. The Kiwanis scholarship is now open and forms can be picked up from Mrs. G in the counseling office. Other scholarship opportunities can be found on the CHS website under Counseling and Financial Aid.
Also, our counseling department wants to know how we can serve our students, our families, and our community more effectively. Please copy and paste this link into your browser so that you can take this survey and let us know what you think: https://forms.gle/gHpsw31Pe1RaK1gX9
COMBS EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOW OPEN
The scholarship application cycle for the Combs Education Foundation is officially open. This year we are proud to offer six scholarship funds to graduating seniors, with award focuses including community service, athletics, healthcare, leadership, and more. All of the applications can be found online at www.jocombs.org/scholarships/ and the deadline for submission in March 27.
2020 Student Advisory Application
Continuous Notice of Nondiscrimation
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.