By: Brooke Hanson
- Lessens diarrhea symptoms
- Fights cell damage
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Fights against cancer especially Prostate and Breast
- Can increase oxygen levels to the heart
- May reduce redness of arthritis by slowing down enzymatic activity (breaking down cartilage)
- Punicic Acid
- First cultivated in Greece
- Pomegranates were frequently featured in Greek art in the Orientalizing period
- In Greek Mythology anyone who ate pomegranates in the underworld would be stuck there for eternity.
- In the Neo-Assyrian Period Mesopotamian's often referred to the pomegranate tree as the sacred tree.
- In Buddhism the pomegranate represents the spirit of favorable inspirations in art.