The BIG List
Is Your STAFF Ready?
- Check the HISD Training Calendar
- General training - March 4 PD day
- Test Specific Training - campuses
- Online Modules for staff new to HISD
- Oral Administration Training - anyone administering an oral admin
- Online Test Administrator Training - link to come - campus based
- Any make up trainings
- Provide griddable transcribing training to anyone who that would apply to.
Make sure your test administrators have the APPROPRIATE MANUALS!
- STAAR Test Administrator Manual Grades 3-5
- STAAR Test Administrator Manual Grades 6-8
- STAAR EOC Test Administrator Manual
- Materials check in and out
- Cell phone plan - students and staff
- Send district cell phone and cheating letter home to parents (Principals will revamp this year)
- Monitoring during testing
- Cafeteria plan
- Custodial plan - let them know of any special requests or needs
- Test administrator relief
- Parents know about campus changes for these days (closed campus, lunch deliveries, etc.)
- Calculators & dictionaries (Jr High/High School)
- Complete online test administrator Google Sheet.
Are you prepared for the LOGISTICS of testing?
- Special Education decisions
- 504 decisions
- LEP decisions
Collect Optional Testing Accommodations information from classroom teachers.
- Allowable Accommodations Form (doesn't have to be this version)
Enter these decisions into Test Hound.
- Choose appropriate version of test.
- Enter all accommodations for each test.
- Set up testing rooms
- Assign students to rooms
- Assign teachers as test administrators
- ECD status
- LEP status
- GT status
- SE status
- Birthdates, social security numbers, names
- Make note of new or withdrawn students
- Keep a master list for the year.
- Create a system for someone to notify you of new students.
- Teachers from other classes.
- Rearranging classrooms or labs and schedules
- Displacing classrooms
Are your MATERIALS ready?
- Scan packets into Test Hound within 24 hours of receipt.
- Make sure you received the appropriate number of answer documents.
- Document the actual number of answer documents that you receive for each test. Include extra blanks from the back of the precode packet and any blanks included with a large print booklet.
- Make sure you assign Form 1 booklets to oral administration groups.
- Assign the test administrator a booklet for an oral administration group.
- Print labels for student booklets (Remind staff that students must STILL write their names on their booklet as that is part of their instructions)
- Make sure you are attaching the correct label to the correct booklet
- Test administrator labels will not print.
Prepare your TEST TUBS. Be sure to include:
- Answer Documents
- Test Booklets
- Testing Do Not Disturb Sign
- Restroom pass
- Test Day instructions
- Cell Phone documentation - envelope, form, etc.
- Seating Chart/Materials Control
- Lunch counts (if applicable)
- Attendance Roster
- Accommodations Roster
- Student specific accommodations - Supplemental Aids, Manipulatives, Colored Overlays, etc.
- Griddable Question Student Documents (for transcribing only)
- Calculators or Dictionaries (if required)
- Student Authorization Tickets (for online testing)
- Online Testing Instructions (coming soon)
Are you ready for TEST DAY?
- Determine which staff will assist in this process.
Make plans for extended day testers.
- Combining or moving classrooms
- Use forms or checklists that work for your campus
- Desks facing same direction
- Materials removed from desks
- Phones on DND
- Computers off
- Instructional materials covered
- Leave a checklist of things that need to be corrected
- Monitors can be principals, APs, CTCs, district office personnel
- You can post a monitoring sheet next to each room, or
- Create a sheet for them to carry around
If something doesn't go as planned...
- Incident Documentation Form
- Get forms completed by staff or students before they leave that day, if possible.
- Paperwork should be completed and returned by the next working school day, if possible.
Are you ready for it to be OVER?!?
Verify all answer documents have been returned.
- Alpha list, by teacher, by master skyward list, precode list - however you prefer
- No need for them to be in numeric order.
- Group them by test.
- Form 1 booklets do not need to be separated.
- Complete the Other/Absent Documentation Form if score codes are changed at the end of the testing window.
- Work with team to triple check documents (score codes, hand bubbled demographics, form numbers, correct count of scoreable documents).
- Bundle documents for return - class and campus ID sheets.
- Place post it between every 25 documents for final counts.
- Count blank documents & voided documents to ensure your final count matches your original total of answer documents.
- Print Test Hound Boxed Booklet report for booklet return.
- Make sure correct accommodations are bubbled on answer documents.
Enter accommodations into online system.
- STAAR A testers
- STAAR L testers
- Student authorization letters
- Typed or handwritten responses that were transcribed
- Any scratch paper, formula charts, etc. that have student work or notes
- Packing lists & barcoded pages (from packets) - by administration
- Seating chart/materials control page - by grade and subject
- I LOVED Jennifer Roberts idea of using all those extra paper bands to bundle these materials!
Organize documentation to keep on campus:
- accommodations master
- monitoring forms
- cell phone forms (if applicable)
- attendance information
After last administration - I will need:
- All oaths
- Copy of sign in sheets from all trainings