Ashley Nicole Roeder
The Exact Location- 48 12 N, 16 22 E
Time Differences- UTC+1 (6 Hours A Head Of Washington, DC during Standard Time)
Daylight Saving Time- +1HR, Begins Last Sunday In March; Ends Last Sunday In October
"Three equal horizontal bands of red (top), white, and red; the flag design is certainly one of the oldest - if not the oldest - national banners in the world; going from tradition to tradition, in 1191, following a scary battle in the Third Crusade, Duke Leopold V of Austria's white tunic became completely blood-spattered; upon removal of his wide belt or sash, a white band was revealed; the red-white-red color combination was for the adopted as his banner."
People & Society
Languages - German (official nationwide) 88.6%, Turkish 2.3%, Serbian 2.2%, Croatian (official in Burgenland) 1.6%, an many others.
Population-8,223,062 (July 2014 est.)
country comparison to the world: 95
Instresting Places To Visit
-Twin City Liner
-Schloss Schonbronn (Including The Zoo) & Gloreitte
-A Typical "Heuriger"
Großglockner from behind the glass panorama tower
Evelation is - 3,798 m (12,461 ft)
Prominence - 2,423 m (7,949 ft)
Listing Country high point.
Carinthia & East Tyrol, Austria
Natural resources: oil, coal, lignite, timber, iron ore, copper, zinc, antimony, magnesite, tungsten, graphite, salt, hydropower
Definition: This entry lists a country's mineral, petroleum, hydropower, and other resources of commercial importance
- National Anthem Name: "Bundeshymne" (Federal Hymn)
1) It is the 6th largest country in the world, occupying an entire continent of some 7.6 million square kilometres.
2) It has the world's 3rd largest ocean territory, spanning three oceans and covering around 12 million square kilometres.
3) Vegetation covers nearly 7 million square kilometres or 91 percent of Australia.
4) The largest Greek population in the world beside Athens in Greece can be found in Melbourne Victoria.
5) Most of Australia's exotic flora and fauna cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
6) The Indigenous 'Dream Time' is the foundation for tens of thousands of years of spiritual aboriginal art, traditions, legends, myths, folklore and culture.
7) The only nation-continent of 20 million people in the world.
8) The wattle was adopted as the national floral emblem in 1912.
Instresting Facts- Settled in prehistoric times, the central European land that is now Austria was overrun in pre-Roman times by various tribes. After the fall of the Roman Empire, of which Austria was part, the area was invaded by Bavarians and Slavic Avars. Charlemagne conquered the area in 788 and encouraged colonization and Christianity. In 1252, Ottokar, king of Bohemia, gained possession, only to lose the territories to Rudolf of Hapsburg in 1278. Austria emerged from the Congress of Vienna in 1815 as the continent's dominant power. The Ausgleich of 1867 provided for a dual sovereignty, the empire of Austria and the kingdom of Hungary, under Franz Joseph I, who ruled until his death on Nov. 21, 1916.