Hidden Valley Weekly Bulletin
Week of 1/19
Principal's Point to Ponder
" Teachers should be paid as what they are. Babysitters. They only deserve $3 an hour"
Are you sick of high paid teachers? Teachers’ hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year! It’s time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - baby sit! We can get that for less than minimum wage.
Teachers should only be paid less than minimum wage. They are nothing more than glorified babysitters. And we should pay them the same way.
That’s right. Let’s give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM
with 45 min. off for lunch and plan — that equals 6 1/2 hours).
Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children.
Now how many do they teach in day…maybe 25? So that’s $19.50 x 30 = $487.00 a day. However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.
LET’S SEE…. That’s $487 X 180= $87,750 per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).
Wait a minute — there’s something wrong here! There sure is!
And it isn't teacher pay.
Recognitions and Reminders
*Kudos to all of the teachers that have helped out with TRC testing and for the TAs who are constantly covering classes. It really takes the cooperation of everyone to accomplish this task.
*Kudos to Ms. Roper for starting the Go Fund Me account to reward our students for their academic success on End of Grade Testing.
*Shout out to Ms. Wagner for helping with the beginning of TRC testing. She really sped up the process for 4th grade.
*Kudos to the custodial staff (Mr. G, Mr. Boyd, Ms. Crawford). They have really picked it up, and it is showing. And, they are down a person.
* Kudos to Ms. Belton for always holding down the office. We have had some changes in the front office this year, but we can rest assure that we have the best smile ready to greet everyone everyday.
* Kudos to Mr. Brown for being proactive with transitions as he positions himself in various places during transition times.
* Remember that next week CMS will be adjusting the limits of space on your documents , so you might loose some of the things that you saved. It is always important to back things up and place them on a Jump Drive. I have 4 16 GB Jump Drives on my desk. First come first serve starting at 7:10 am on Tuesday morning.
*Remember to post the Go Fund Me to your Facebook. Please look at the email from Roper. Remember if you donate $10 dollars you get weeks worth of jeans passes, the person who raises the most money will get a 1/2 day off campus. Deadline for the jeans pass is Feb 3.
* Please be mindful of the way that you leave your rooms. Please have the students pick up after themselves, and have the chairs stacked either on their desks or in a corner, so the custodial staff can properly sweep and spot mop. They are working hard, but need your assistance in this matter.
* Ms. Simmons has a friend that works for NFL films, and has a video of the Santa-Cam that was with our students at Dick's sporting goods along with other schools. take a look, you will see some familiar faces. http://youtu.be/7Q9EG_XHcvw
* Remember to give Ms. Stoner the names of the students that re "Bounce Back" material. See email from Stoner.
Instructional Strategy of the Week
What to Expect This Week
- NO SCHOOL MLK DAY---Spread some Love
Tuesday 1/19 (Day 2)
- Tie Tuesday
-Common Assessment Math grade 4-5
Wednesday 1/20 (Day 3)
- Half Day - See email from Lungarini regarding schedule
- DDI Day - Work with your PLC on common assessment, curriculum map, and WIN block
- End of 3nd Quarter- input grades
Thursday 1/21 (Day 4)
- Dental Screening 3rd grade @ 8am- see email from Brynildsen
- Girl Scout Meeting 3pm after school
- PTO Meeting 4pm
Friday 1/22 ( Day 5)
- Wear your Panthers gear and colors if they win, college gear and jeans if they loose
- Caught Soaring Awards- have them turned in by then
- Report cards due to Mr. B (K-2) and Mr. Nash (3-5) by 5pm.
- Boys Basketball game - Email from Everett with detail coming this week
- Staff outing 4pm and then Hornets game- RSVP to Mr. Brizz