the lost colony of Roanoke.
By Matthew Mostad
Did the settlers leave any clues?
- When they first landed in the new world they were attacked by the natives.there we a few battles here and there but most of them were eventually resolved.
- When the hostile tribes were dealt with, they tried to make peace with the other tribes.
- The natives taught them many things how to hunt, fish, and where to plant crops.
- One of the first tribes they made peace with was the croatoan.
who were the friendly natives?
- There were four surrounding tribes.
- The secotan were friendly and offered them food.
- The croaton were one of the first to be made contact with.
- The weapeneoc were not very friendly .
- The chawanook wanted nothing to do with them and left them alone.
Did they leave any clues as too what happended?
- They left the word "Croatoan" on one of the posts.
- Also the word "cro" on a nearby tree
- Reasearchers have found a map with two red and blue marks.
Why was roanoke founded?
- to beat spain to find gold and colonize land.
- to plant crops for money.
- to find new things and slaves
what was the military like?
- No official amy but a few guards.
- Most of them were farmers.
- Most of the soldiers were killed by natives,
- And most of the farmers were kill by natural causes.