Advanced Placement Exam Information
Registration and Payment
AP Exam Registration and Payment
Students need to complete the two site process by the dates indicated below in order to take the AP exams in May.
Be sure to use the SAME PERSONAL email address for both sites.
BOTH steps must be completed by the required dates to officially be registered for AP Testing.
STEP 1: Register on College Board for each of your classes.
- All students need to have a College Board account in order to register for AP exams.
- Go to the College Board Website and click on the Sign-Up button if this is your first time taking AP classes. If you are a returning AP student, please log in with your previous username and password. You cannot have multiple accounts.
- Enter the period and course specific JOIN CODE to access the AP classroom. You can access this information by contacting your teacher or by logging into Total Registration. The default is "Undecided" for taking the exam and you will need to change it to Yes if taking the exam.
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL HELP FOR STEP 1
STEP 2: Paying for AP Exams through Total Registration
- Total Registration is where you pay for the AP exams and any fees. This system communicates with the College Board site and it is important that you use the same information. If you do not complete this step along with the College Board step, you will not be registered to take the exam.
- Pay for the exam by registering through Total Registration. If you registered for this site last year, use the same log in.
- Exam fees will be paid online so be sure to have a debit or credit card available. Please be aware that there are deadlines and associated late fees for AP Exam registration and payment.
Registration Costs and Deadlines
- $101 per exam 9/15-10/28 (AP Seminar is $149)
- $20 late fee per exam from 10/29
- $40 late fee per exam from 11/15
- September 15, 2022 - Registration opens in Total Registration
- October 28, 2022 - $20 late fee is added
- November 11, 2022--Last day for full refund and to register
- November 15, 2022 - $40 late fee is added
- March 11, 2023 - Registration ends for Spring Only classes
- March 15, 2023--Last day to cancel exam--$40 late fee is added
Testing Fees and Financial Support
FREE/REDUCED LUNCH STATUS
- If you qualify for Free and Reduced Lunch, the test fee is $20 per test except for AP Seminar which is $35.
- In Total Registration, indicate the Free/Reduced Lunch status and Mrs. Dennert will review once the letter is received.
If you do not qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch, we can still offer payment plans to satisfy the testing fees. The process is as follows:
- Please contact Melody Dennert to request a Payment Plan.
- All payments are made to Yvonne Cruz in the ASB Office via cash or check.