Marseilles Elementary Newsletter
October 12, 2021
- Wednesday, October 13th - 7th & 8th Girls' Basketball @ OHS Shoot-out (8th @ 6pm and 7th @ 7:15pm)
- Wednesday, October 13th- 5th & 6th Girls' Basketball @ Oglesby Bulldog Tournament TBA
- Thursday, October 14th- 6th Grade Girls' Basketball at Marquette @ 5:00pm 7th & 8th Grade at Marquette @ 6:00pm
- Friday, October 15th- End of Quarter 1
- Friday, October 15th & Saturday, October 16th- 5th & 6th Grade Girls' Basketball @ Oglesby Bulldog Tournament
- Monday, October 18th- Boys' Basketball Starts
- Tuesday, October 19th- Early Dismissal @ 2:25pm
- Thursday, October 21st- Parent Teacher Conferences 3:00pm-6:30pm
- Tuesday, October 26th- Parent Teacher Conferences 3:00pm-6:00pm
- Friday, October 29th- Halloween Parade Outdoors (weather permitting) @1:30pm
- Saturday, October 30th- Trunk or Treat at the IV Cellular Parking Lot from 1:00pm-3:00pm
Notes from the Office
- As a reminder, if someone in the home is experiencing Covid-like symptoms, please keep your child home and notify the attendance line. Someone from the health office will follow up with you regarding next steps.
- Parent Teacher Conferences are coming! Dates are 10/21 and 10/26. PreK families should have received a Sign Up Genius, K-5 classroom teachers should be sending home a note with date and time for your child, and 6-8 grade teachers will be sending home a form for parents to sign up to meet with individual teachers. Parents will have the option to meet with teachers in person, virtually, or with a phone conference. Report cards will be given at conferences. If you are unable to attend, please reach out to your child's teacher to find a time that will work.
- We will look to have an outdoor Halloween parade this year (weather permitting) on Friday, October 29th. We are planning to have parties in classrooms, but please note that we will not have room parents at this time due to Covid restrictions. We will keep you posted if that is an option in the future.
- As a reminder, student cell phones should be off and away during the school day unless a teacher gives permission otherwise. Phones that are out, will be confiscated and placed in the office until the end of the day. If you need to get in contact with your student, please call our front office. We appreciate your help!
YMCA Informational Night Next Wednesday!
MES PTA's Annual Trunk or Treat
Lunch Menu for Next Week
COVID Informational Letters
Can you believe it; we are halfway through the first quarter! In order to keep our students and staff safe, we plan to align our protocols and procedures with the most recent guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education, who developed their guidance with the CDC and IDPH.
If your child or anyone in the home is experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, please keep your child (and any siblings) home until you speak with our nurse. If any student(s) are in quarantine and would still like lunches and breakfasts, please email Terrie Spicer by 9:30am at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the attendance line to report the absence at 815-795-8795.
- Fever (100.4°F or higher),
- New onset of moderate to severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- New cough
- Sore throat
If you are calling in your child(ren) for the day, please call our attendance line at 815-795-8795 telling who the child is and why he/she will be out of school.
Questions can be directed to the main office at 815-795-2428 or sent to the staff member directly via email. Email addresses can be found on the district website.
Please make sure you visit the MES website (https://mes150.org) for the most up-to-date information. Newsletters will be sent to you through TeacherEase as well as posted on the website. If you have not yet liked our Facebook page, check it out- Marseilles Elementary School District #150. Information is shared here as well as communicated through Class Dojo.
As a building, please know, we want what is best for your child(ren) and every other child. We will do our best to meet the needs of your students and look forward to a great year together! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.