Vol. 8, Issue 13; December 4, 2020
Upcoming School Schedule
Wednesday, December 23-Friday, January 1 - Christmas break (no school)
Backpack Program- FREE Meals for the Weekends!
National Honor Society Welcomes New Members
The new members are:
John Armstrong, Samantha Batt, Ellie Bousquet, Arnita Cecunjanin, Grace Crawford, Elsie Fitzsimmons, Tanner Foley, Aubrey Hayes, Weber Jane Hemsley, William Hollander, Ellen Lansing, Kelly Le, Reagan Levitt, Levi Marshall, Brooklyn Mayberry, Melanie Megliore, Caleb Mihill, Dahryanna Patterson, Astrid Sommer Livesey, Tristan Spotts, Natalie Tavares, Sonja Toishi, and Hannah Wylie.
Congratulations to all!
Blue Bombers Masks Now Available!
Educational Leave Program
Again this year, LPMHS is proud to offer our Educational Leave Program for student-athletes who train and compete at the state and national level in sports that are not school sponsored (NYSEF sports, luge, bobsled, speed skating, figure skating, etc…). This program is designed to provide educational support for student-athletes who must miss classes to train and compete in their sport.
If your child is planning on participating in NYSEF sports or any other outside sport this winter, please fill out the Educational Leave Request form and email it to Ms. Amy Spicer, LPMHS Educational Leave Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org. She will also be happy to answer any questions you may have about the program. Please note that the form needs to be submitted to Ms. Spicer five school days in advance of your child’s leave.
Christmas Tree Orders
Remote Learning Information
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
LPCSD invites interested people of all ages to join a work group on a diversity, equity and inclusion policy, sometimes referred to as a diversity policy. If you are interested in being part of this work group, please contact Board member Martha Spear at 518-946-7851 or email@example.com.
- Ecumenical Food Collection Days: See below for more information.
Don't forget, a parent/guardian can volunteer along with their student and earn double the hours toward the graduation requirement. Please see Mrs. Patti McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
- Several of the Lake Placid community service organizations have joined together to host monthly Ecumenical Food Bank Food Drives for the foreseeable future.
- Volunteers from the organizations will be available at the St. Agnes Church parking lot to receive food donations.
- The next collection date is Saturday, December 12 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- More information can be found in the Lake Placid Insider and the organizations' websites and Facebook pages. They include the Adirondack Community Church, Lake Placid School District, Lake Placid Synagogue, Lions Club, Rotary Club, and St. Agnes Parish.
- If you would like to join the effort please contact the Lake Placid Rotary Club via their website or firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Community Art Night
Community Art Night
Join the event Here
Event Password: winter
Audio Conference Connection: +408-418-9388
Access Code 179 450 2656
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the MHS Library Media Center. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Any guests planning on attending must wear masks. Space is limited to 5 people (first come, first served).
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing email@example.com. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows:
January 5, 2021
January 19, 2021