L.O. Donald Staff Newsletter
Teach, Inspire, Love!
"Every child deserves a champion: an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists they become the best they can possibly be."
~ Rita Pierson
Monday, September 7, 2015
- Labor Day Holiday - no school
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- 9:30-10:00 Grupo de Padres con Estudiantes en el Programa de Educación Especial - K. Carter
- 12:00-1:00 Leadership Team Meeting in PLC room - J. Johnson, H. Williams, N. Hagler, V. Davis, K. Carter
- 3:15-4:30 PD: Student Culture Rubric & Student Learning Objectives
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
- 9:45-10:30 Kinder Math Planning - G. Barron, D. Strong, E. Sherley, J. Johnson
- 10:00-12:30 3rd grade Field Trip - Texas Ballet Theater
- 10:40-11:25 1st grade Math Planning - T. Cypull, T. Gomez, J. Johnson
- 12:10-12:55 3rd grade Math Planning - M. Crossland, N. Rodriguez, J. Johnson
- 1:00-1:45 4th grade Math Planning - L. Green, A. Gonzalez, J. Johnson
Thursday, September 3, 2015
- 8:00-8:45 Specials PLC - PTO Program & After School Planning
- 8:50-9:40 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 2nd grade
- 9:45-10:35 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - Kindergarten
- 10:40-11:30 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 1st grade
- 12:05-12:55 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 3rd grade
- 1:00-1:50 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 4th grade
- 1:55-2:45 PLC Lesson Plan Feedback - 5th grade
Friday, September 4, 2015
- 8:30-9:30 Cookies with the Principal (library) - K. Carter
- 1:00-4:30 ED Campus Visit - Dr. Wright
- 8/14 SLO drafts due
- 8/14 Districtwide Principals' Meeting
- 8/17 Kimball Feeder Pattern Principals' Meeting
- 8/17 PTO Meeting & 5th grade Performance
- 8/18 Deadline for Brighter Bites Application
- 8/18 TEI Scorecards Available at 5pm
L.O. Donald 2015-16 Goals
- 80% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR reading/math in grades 3-5.
- 70% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR writing in grade 4.
- 85% of students will meet the passing standard on STAAR science in grade 5.
- 80% of students will perform on or above grade level on the Iowa/Logramos K-2