Newsletter Term Three Week 4
Reporoa College 19th August 2022
I trust everyone has survived this latest weather bomb.
It was great to see students and staff from Otamatea visiting for the annual exchange, in reflection it was only last year on the day we returned that we went into lockdown in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. There is a healthy rivalry with all the competitions and each game was played in great spirit. The result sadly didn’t go our way but there is always next year !
This is the longest running inter school exchange in the country and long may it continue.
Next week is a busy week. On Monday and Tuesday we are being reported back on the results of a ‘cultural audit’ conducted by cognition education. This is exciting as the information we receive will give some clear direction in building a strong culture within the school. Then on Wednesday the 24th we have a teachers only day, this is part of the nationwide training for the changes in NCEA. This date has changed from the original date of Friday 26th August. Finally, on Thursday and Friday some staff are heading off to the PB4L conference in Wellington as we are reviewing our behavior management systems.
Our Annual Open Day is being held on Thursday the 1st of September with an Open Evening the same Evening. All new students and families to the area are welcome to attend .
I wish to comment on the black jackets that our school have obtained for no cost. These jackets are part of the school uniform and therefore can be worn in class. With the school logo placed on them students are feeling proud wearing them and are looking smart. To order one of these jackets, students are to see Sue in the office to get the correct sizing.
I am pleased to announce that Gareth Copsey has been appointed the Head Coach of our Reporoa College Under 14s Rugby side. We are looking forward to this reinvigoration and enthusiasm as Rugby appears to be having a resurgence this season. Watch this space !
Have a great weekend
KEYSTONE TRUST SCHOLARSHIPS
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Reporoa College Board of Trustees Triennial Elections are upon us. We have recieved seven nominations for the upcoming election. Look out in your mail boxes for voting forms. Please follow instructions carefully. Any questions please contact Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org
The current Board members are:
Kerry Pearce (Chair)
Brendan Carroll (Principal)
Catherine Silberschmidt (Staff Representative)
Alaina Ferreira (Student Representative)
SCHOOL DOCS ( Policies and Procedures for Reporoa College)
Important Term Three Dates
- 31 July - 1st August University of Otago Open Day
- 3rd August BOT Meeting 6.30pm Board Room
- 3rd August BOT Parent Nominations close
- 3rd August CBOP Badminton Yr 7/8 Rotorua
- 3rd August Massey University Open day
- 4th August Get2Go Yr 9/10 Rotorua
- 10th August BOT Voting papers issued
- 11th August CBOP Inter-Schools Amazing Race Rotorua
- 12th August BOPSS Snr Basketball Tauranga
- 14-15th August OTAMATEA Exchange
- 17th BOP 7s Rugby Yr 7/8 Rotorua
- 26 August Teacher Only Day
- 26 August Victoria University Open Day
- 26-29 August NZSS Indoor Bowls Champs Wellington
- 30th Aug - 3rd Sep Basketball Regionals Palmerston North
- 5th - 9th September AIMS GAMES Tauranga
- 7th September BOT Parent Election Day
- 14th September BOT takes office
- 15th September Cultural Festival -Reporoa
- 17th September School Ball
- 19th-23rd September Sports Camp Matamata
- 21st September BOT Meeting 6.30pm Board Room
- 30th September Last Day of Term 3