OIS Wildcat Walk
Volume XVII Week of Jan.10th , 2022
A GREAT EXPECTATIONS & MODEL PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY CAMPUS
ADDED TRANSLATION FEATURE:
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK:
From the Principal's Desk:
We had a great week back after a long break. Our students came back eager to see friends, teachers, and ready to learn. I hope they shared all of the welcome back activities that they did in class.
We have a busy week this upcoming week with course selection for incoming 6th graders and the BMX show on Friday.
Just a reminder that January 16th is a holiday and we will not be in school that day.
Your proud Principal,
DON'T MISS OUT
Hey Oakcrest Friends... have you ordered your yearbook yet?
The yearbook store is open now ONLINE ONLY until March 1st!
We only do pre-orders and only have 92 copies left. We will not be ordering extras to sell at the end of the year.
Please click this link to order yours today!
Our annual Career Exploration Day is Friday, March 11, 2022, and we need YOUR experiences! We are looking for a variety of people interested in sharing your career with our students. Many of our students are unaware of the vast career opportunities and this is a great way to provide them with first-hand knowledge of potential career paths.
Volunteers will host three 30 minute sessions in the afternoon beginning around 1:00 pm and ending around 2:40 pm. This experience connects our community and the students enjoy hearing the presentations. If you or someone you know would like to be a part of this awesome experience, please click here or visit https://forms.gle/5Y8GGN8FkADAduju8 to complete the form. All information is due by February 11, 2022. We look forward to having you!
Please save the important dates listed below. Oakcrest will have a Parent Course Selection Night for our incoming 6th graders on January 12, 2021 from 5:30-6:30 PM. The presentation includes information about course selections such as Orchestra, Band, Choir, and Art. Furthermore, our Tomball Advanced Program courses will be thoroughly explained in the presentation.
Car rider rules and procedures
As we begin a new year please review our Car Rider rules and procedures to ensure a swift and safe drop off and pick up of our students.
- drive the school zone speed limit of 20 MPH in the morning and afternoon.
- use your Turn Signal when entering the parking lot. This helps traffic control staff know to keep traffic flowing out of the parking lot or to stop exiting traffic for cars needing to continue forward on Shaw road.
- perform RIGHT turns only, into and out of the parking lot during car rider times. NO LEFT turns will be permitted.
- Display your student’s First and Last name boldly on the orange car rider paper on your dashboard at pick-up. This allows us to have them ready and in line for pick up.
- Allow your student to get out of the car, even if you are the last in line by the library.
- Ensure your student exits/enters the passenger side of the vehicle only. This is for their safety!
WILLOW WOOD CHEER CLINIC
Willow Wood Junior High will be hosting our 4th annual Wildcat Youth Cheer Clinic on Saturday, Feb 5th from 9:00 am - Noon. There will be a Parent Show-off at 11:45 am. It is open for all girls in Kindergarten thru 6th grade. Please join us to learn cheers, a dance routine, spirit and jump techniques.
Please see the attached flyer for all of the registration information. Tuition for each participant is $35 if registered online by Feb 3rd. Registration fee includes cheer instruction, t-shirt, and picture with mascot. T-shirts are pre-ordered and will be distributed based on when you register as a first come, first serve basis. So, hurry and register today to secure your daughter a shirt!!!
Register online at https://forms.gle/wjoA1QWyXu7XksTm8
Registration and payment is due by Feb 3rd!
CURRICULUM THIS WEEK
Lunch visitors may have lunch with their child Monday - Thursday according to the following alphabetical breakdown by day:
Monday - Last names A - F
Tuesday - Last names G - L
Wednesday - Last names M - R
Thursday - Last names S-Z
REPORT CARDS AND PROGRESS REPORTS:
FROM NURSE ELLIS:
State required vision, hearing, acanthosis nigricans (check back of neck- diabetes screen), spinal screening (girls only) will begin in October for 5th grade and new 6th graders. There will be no mass screenings. Students will be pulled by clinic staff during specials period over the month as feasible for clinic staff. Please notify the clinic if you have any concerns.
- Prescription medication to be given at school must have a written dr. order and brought to campus by an adult in the original pharmacy bottle.
- Please do not send your student to school if they have a pending covid19 test.
- Please do not send your student to school if a household member tested positive for covid19. Please keep your child home and contact the front office or myself.
- Please report student COVID-19 cases by using this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf5PDTihDuixMs08ApDxLi864jztzmCGKX8vF3v7L3OpD7x6w/viewform
The Oakcrest Intermediate School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is an organization whose purpose is to strengthen, enhance and encourage the educational and social environment of Oakcrest Intermediate School. Its goals are to complement the school curriculum with additional opportunities for parents, teachers and students to learn, socialize, communicate and grow as individuals and community.
Per TISD regulations, the PTO is not allowed to contact you unless you have provided the Oakcrest PTO with your information. Please contact us so we can let you know about upcoming events.
Oakcrest Intermediate School
Jessica Perez, Assistant Principal
Crystal Gidrey, Counselor
Jessica Reyes, Counselor
Julissa Bozic, Campus Secretary
Mari Delgado, Receptionist
Terri Marfisi, Registrar
Tomball Independent School District does not discriminate against any student, employee, volunteer or applicant because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status or disability.