PARENT REMINDERS - 4/24/2015
ACE Program Updates
Hello Panther Parents/Guardians,
Below are updates about our Texas ACE Afterschool programming.
- Homework Help = is offered every day from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM our students have the opportunity to begin working on their homework and receive help from our dedicated staff.
- Tutorials/Enrichment = is offered daily from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM. Students receive more focused help based on their specific needs within this time frame.
- B.M.X. (Boys Making eXperiments) - held on Wednesday's from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM and our boys completed their Robot Arm and now tweaking it so that it will work 100%
- G.E.M.S. (Girls Exploring Math and Science) - held on Monday's from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM where the girls finished building their robotic arm. They experienced some minor technical difficulty in the movement and tweaking it so that it will work 100%
- NOVELty - is still enjoying reading Paradise every Friday from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Girls Club - You asked and I heard you! Every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM we focus on empowering our girls for success with social and emotional development. They have an opportunity to discuss a variety of topics, learn character development and hear from some special guest.
- Golf - Every Thursday from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM we partner with The First Tee program which helps shape the lives of our youth by introducing them to values inherent in the game of golf. Values like integrity, respect and perseverance. In addition to learning fundamentals of the golf swing and the game, our character education and life skills programs help kids and teens prepare for success at school, at home and in their community.
- Zumba - Dance and have fun every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM at our elementary campus. Parents please joins us and bring your family and friends.
PANTHER FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT
The Fine Arts Department is working hard to prepare for our Spring Blackout show! We truly need your support in helping ensure each participant attends practice from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM. (see practice days below)
- Band - students are jamming away in preparation for the Spring 2015 Blackout show every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Dance - the dance company is excited about their upcoming Spring 2015 Blackout show. Practice is Monday - Friday.
- Theatre - our actors are rehearsing their lines for the Spring 2015 Blackout show every Monday - Wednesday.
PANTHER SUMMER CAMP
ZIP, JUMP & SOAR into Summer Camp 2015!!!
During this 5-week long program students participate in activities such as: mathematics, engineering, reading academy, cultural studies, technology, drama, dance, field trips, recreation & more! The Summer 2015 Enrichment Program registration is open to our currently enrolled students and those enrolling in the fall. (It's not open to the general public.)
- Financial Assistance Application Deadline - Friday, May 1
- Summer Camp Application Deadline - Friday, May 15
ACE Program Managergbufkin@texasempowerment.org
TXEA PARENT ENGAGEMENT WORKSHOPS
* * * REMINDER * * *
Please remember that our Afterschool Program is funded with a 21st Century Grant and parent participation in a parent event is a mandatory requirement of all parents for the program. So, please help us achieve this requirement by attending this workshop that will be filled with lots of information. If you have not attended an activity this semester this workshop will help you satisfy that requirement.
As part of our 21st Century grant parent participation is a requirement. To fulfill this requirement we will have a series of six classes that started this October 2014 - April 2015 . There will be a raffle for those who attend at least four out of the six (4 out of 6) workshops!!
1. October - Budgeting Your Paycheck (completed)
2. November - First Aid/CPR Class (completed)
3. April - Cover Letter/Resume Writing (cancelled)
4. April - How to prepare to pay for college (completed)
5. May - Home Buying Tips/Programs and Mortgage Lending (Monday 5/4, 6:00-7:00 PM)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
These workshops have great information and very knowledgeable presenters!! See you there . . . it's simple, just see Mrs. Bufkin to sign-up.
MIDDLE SCHOOL BLACK OUT - "It All Started With A Beat"
Friday, May 22nd, 7pm
719 Congress Avenue
- Presale @ TxEA Middle School Office
- $10 Adults/ $5 Children under 12 & Seniors
- Tix Online @ http://tickets.austintheatre.org
Synopsis: Hip-Hop. Once a culture of expression and positive influence, now a mindset of making money- not making people feel good. Hip-Hop is more than a music genre, it is a reflection of the progression of a people. The Drop Squad, made of a B-Girl, DJ, graffiti artist, and MC, take ignorant rappers back in time to understand Hip-Hop as a liberation tool for the masses. Let’s see if they can change…
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS (UPDATED)
Tuesday, 4/21 - Wednesday, 4/22 - STAAR TESTING
Friday, 4/24 - Report Cards sent home
Tuesday, 4/28 - Texas ACE Parent Appreciation, 5:00 PM
Friday, May 1 - Summer Camp Financial Assistance Application Due
Monday, May 4 - PARENT WORKSHOP - Home Buying (Buying Programs and Mortgage Options)
Friday, May 15 - Summer Camp Applications Due
Friday, May 15 - Elementary Blackout Show - Black Out Too: Tell Me A Story! 7:00 PM @
· Huston-Tillotson Seabrook Chapel
Friday, May 22 - Middle School Blackout Show - "It All Started With A Beat . . . " 7:00 PM @ the State Theater