Team CSF News
One Team. One Goal. No Limits.
September 28 - October 2
- Good News Club meets
- Blogs updated by 8am
- Math Planning meetings (2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th) if not in SLO conference
- SLO Conferences
- Mrs. Meadows will visit with information regarding MAP during your planning times
- Committee Meetings 2:30-3:00 (RtI will meet in Dodd's Room; PBIS will meet in Ward's Room; Grade Level will meet in Library; Faculty and Field Day will meet in Mrs. Lee's Room)
- GT Art meets
- RtI Meetings
- 2nd Grade will assist the Sunshine Committee in decorating for Muffins with Mom at 2:45.
- 4K-2nd Muffins for Mom
- ELA Planning Meeting (5K, 1st, 2nd, and 5th)
- Yearbook Pictures
- Signed Interims due (call parents if interims were not returned)
- Lesson Plans turned in
- 3rd Grade will assist the Sunshine Committee in decorating for Muffins with Mom at 2:45.
- 3rd-5th Muffins for Mom
- First Tee Golf Tournament (rescheduled) (Sanders and 4 students will represent CSF)
Schedule for MAP meetings
Tuesday 29th (We will meet in the Core)
- 7:55-8:30 -3rd grade
- 8:40-9:15 -5K
- 9:25-10:00 - 1st grade
- 10:10-10:45 - Meet with Coaches, Cannon, Ehlich
- 10:55-11:25 - 4th grade
- 11:35-12:05 - Break
- 12:15-12:35 - Jewett
- 12:45-1:20 - Gowan
- 1:30-2:05 - 5th grade
- Everyone will have two days of duty this week due to Muffins with Mom. An additional schedule will be sent.
- Everyone should be using TenMarks by now.
- Winter MAP testing will be December 1st-18th.
- SafeSchool Assignments are due October 2nd.
- If a student has issues with clothing or shoes, please send those to Mrs. Isreal or Mrs. Lancaster, not the nurse. We do not want to expose healthy students to sickness.
- Please do not send students to the nurse if you have a a question regarding their medicine. If you have questions, please call the nurse, and she will contact the parents and relay the information to you. Once again, we do not want to expose healthy students to sickness.
- Recess - We have had a large number of health room visits during recess time, please make sure that you have dispersed yourselves throughout the area, and are actively watching students. It is important to be proactive instead of reactive.
District Grading Update....
Determination of Grades:
90% of a student’s grade in Math, Reading, and Language Arts will be determined by a minimum of 5 major tests or assessments. For example, one major project may be counted as a test grade. For Science and Social Studies, 90% of a student’s grade will be determined by a minimum of 4 major tests or assessments.
10% of a student’s grade in Math, Reading, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies will be determined by classwork, minor quizzes, reports, fact tests, projects, homework, etc. A minimum of one assignment per subject each week is required for daily grades.
**Grades should be entered into PowerSchool 5 days after the day of the assessment or the day that the teacher receives the assessment.
**Entries should be made in PowerSchool every 5 days.
**Grades for Special Education Resource students will be given by the regular classroom teacher in collaboration with the Resource teacher.
A Few Safety Reminders...
1. Conduct a daily “safety scan” of your classroom each morning as you enter the room. Remove or relocate any items that may create a safety hazard.
2. Always keep floors and walkways clear.
3. Be aware of your surroundings as you walk. Watch for potential slip and trip hazards.