Ana Guzman Period 7/8
About Software Engineer
A Software Engineers are the creative mind behind computer programs. Their job is to develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized computer programs or other device. Also, to analyze users' needs and develop software solutions. Without software engineers, people would stare at a blank screen on their computers.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to work with new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure the outcome and consequences of the design.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
- Give full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Ability to interact with others in your group.
- Ability to be patient with users and/consumers.
Employment of software developers is projected to grow 30% from 2010 to 2020, much faster than the average for all occupations. The main reason for the rapid growth is a large increase in the demand for computer software.
Average Hours/Working Schedule
12 month contract
$90,530 per year
$43.52 per hour
$43.52 per hour
You can get training with Cisco or Microsoft
Colleges Near You:
- East-West University
- ITT Technical Institute
- Computer Support Specialist
- Mathematical Technician
- Electrical and Electronics Repairer
Mapping Your Future
Bureau of Labor Statistics