November 20, 2020
Dear Families of the Hollys,
We miss you already, but we are determined to make remote learning engaging and consistent for students and families!!! While we would prefer to be with your children at school, I’m incredibly proud of how swiftly the Hollys have moved to remote teaching, learning and videoconferencing. We continue to make improvements to ensure students have access and success. We thank you for your patience. We appreciate your insights and feedback. Please continue to reach out to teachers and staff so we can better meet your needs.
As we consider safety in our online connection with students, there are some digital citizenship expectations for our community we need you to know. We are reviewing these expectations in virtual class meetings as well.
For Students and Staff:
· Participate, stay engaged in learning, connect with peers /school adults through virtual class meetings, and have fun!
· Ask questions. Make sure you understand what is expected and advocate for what you need to make this new experience a positive one.
· Remember that students’ posts and communications are permanent.
· If you are in a virtual class meeting, be mindful of what is behind you that others can see.
· School adults will be monitoring student to student communications. Be appropriate, be safe, and be kind in all your posts and communications.
· Report any cyberbullying to an adult.
For Family Members:
· If you use social media, only post photos of your own child and his/her work. Refrain from posting photos on social media that include faces or names of other students or the teacher.
· Do not record live virtual class meetings.
· Ask questions. Make sure you understand what is expected and advocate for what you need to make this new experience as positive as possible.
· Ask your child about the learning and how connecting online worked or didn’t work and communicate with the teacher or staff member.
· Report any cyberbullying to a teacher or staff member.
· Everyone is learning. We are all new at this! Give yourself, your child’s teacher and your child grace and patience to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
If you have any questions/concerns regarding your child's remote learning experience, I encourage you to reach out directly to your child's teacher. We do not want families anxious or stressed during this already stressful time in our lives. We will modify and adjust remote learning demands to meet the individual needs of your family. One size does not fit all, so communicate, communicate, communicate.
My favorite part of each day is when I get to pop into virtual class meetings! Unifying staff and students through virtual class meetings is a top priority at the Hollys. Our students and staff members crave the connection. I, too, would love to stay connected with you and your children during this time. Students and families are welcome to send me an email, video, picture etc. and I will respond in a timely manner. Students and families can send me messages through See Saw, Google classroom or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, the Hollys’ Hawks will S.O.A.R. in remote learning. S is for staying safe, O is for remaining open-hearted, A is for achieving and R is for practicing resilience. We have been exploring and developing these school values all year with the children. We already have the tools for success. Let’s do this! Here’s a link to a special message from your administrative team.
At this time in the year, we pause to reflect on all things for which we are grateful. My heart is bursting with gratitude this Thanksgiving. I’m grateful for the families and friends of the Hollys. I’m grateful for our resilient students and staff. I give thanks for our PTCO and all of our wonderful volunteers. I give thanks for every moment I share with a child throughout the day in person and in remote learning. I give thanks for the enthusiasm, kindness and engagement in learning at the Hollys!
From the Clinic
How to Avoid Double Dosing on Medicines this Season
Cold and flu season has returned like clockwork. As you hit the over-the-counter aisle and prepare to combat runny noses and sore throats, remember to double check medicine labels so you don't accidentally double up on medicines containing acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is a common drug ingredient and many of us use it to treat pain, fever, and cold and flu symptoms. It's safe and effective when used as directed, but taking more than directed is an overdose and can lead to liver damage. Learn more at: https://www.knowyourdose.org/
Jackie Lane, RN, BSN
Free Meals for Children 18 and Under
Mondays are Hollys Spirit Days!
A Message from Your Community
Welcome to Brainfuse JobNow Through Arapahoe Libraries
Live, anytime, anywhere job assistance, including up-to-date nation-wide and local job search engines, professional resume critique and proven interview techniques. Experience a personalized career center seamlessly integrated with advanced virtual technology to help job seekers of diverse backgrounds and needs.
Go to https://landing.brainfuse.com/authenticate.asp?u=main.arapahoeld.co.brainfuse.com and enter your Arapahoe Library Card barcode number to sign in.
JobNow's features include:
- Homework Help Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- JobNow Receive live job coaching, real-time interview practice, full-service resume lab, 24/7 access to local job resources and more!
- Resume Assistance Prepare your resume with help from JobNow resources including resume templates; receive expert feedback via live interaction or the resume lab.
- Prepare for Your Interview Review interview tips and resources; connect with a job coach to practice interviewing.
- Live Assistance Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing, history, GED, college placement tests and more!
- Career Resources Begin your job hunt with JobNow’s powerful tools.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Foreign Language Lab /Spanish-Speaking Support
Please contact (name of liaison) at (email) for support with this resource in your language.
እነዝህን መረጃዎችን በተመለከተ በቋንቋዎ ዕገዛን ለማግኘት ከፈለጉ እባክዎን ተሊሌን በዝህ እሜይል ያግኙዋት email@example.com
يرجى الاتصال بـ (جميعة صباحي أو جاودة العلمي) على ( firstname.lastname@example.org أو
email@example.com.) للحصول على الدعم مع هذا المورد باللغة العربية.
귀하의 언어로 이 자원에 대한 지원을 원하시면 (리아 리) 에게 (firstname.lastname@example.org) 로 문의하십시오.
Пожалуйста, обращайтесь к Ларисе Бака по адресу: email@example.com для получения поддержки с помощью этого ресурса на своём языке.
Fadlan la xiriir Omar Nur cinwaanka firstname.lastname@example.org si aad u hesho macluumaad ku qoran luqadaada.
Si necesita ayuda con este recurso en su idioma, póngase en contacto con Ilse Chavez Maldonado en email@example.com, Rosa Han en firstname.lastname@example.org, Helena Gognat en email@example.com o Milagro Nuanes en firstname.lastname@example.org
Vietnamese: Vui lòng liên hệ với Thuý Ngọc tại Lchung2@cherrycreekschools.org để được hỗ trợ về tài nguyên này bằng tiếng Việt.