November 27th - December 1st
Monthly Pawsitive Leaders Assembly
Our students are rocking the 7 Habits of Happy Kids & Leader In Me
December at a Glance
November 27th - No School / 🍁 Fall Break
December 1st - Cookies with 🎅 6:00pm-7:30pm
December 3rd - Girls on the Run 5K 🏃♀️👟
December 6th - PTA meeting
December 13th - ❄️Winter Concert❄️ (Grades 3, 4, 5 only)
December 14th - 5th grade to see The Nutcracker
December 22nd - HALF DAY - Noon dismissal / ⛄Frosty Festival ☃️
December 25th - January 2nd - ❄️Winter Break❄️
January 3rd - PTA meeting
One of the district's Wildly Important Goals (WIGs) for the next three years is to decrease the rate of chronic absence by at least half.
- If your child is absent from school, you will receive an automated phone call.
- The parent/guardian must submit a written note within 3 days of the student returning from his/her absence. Please make sure to include the date of absence in the note.
- If we do not receive the absence note within 3 days, your child's absence is considered unlawful.
- Parents can send an excuse through the school's attendance email: BuchananAttendance@basdschools.org
- The school website has a link "Attendance Excusal Submission"
Doors open by 8:50am. If a student arrives AFTER 9am, he/she is considered LATE and must enter through the front entrance. Students will receive a late pass. Parents MUST sign the student in.
In compliance with the Compulsory Attendance law, we will be issuing 3, 7, and 10 day attendance letters.
Follow & Join the PTA
Member Hub: https://jamesbuchananpta.memberhub.store/
Facebook: James Buchanan PTA
- See the district requirements for volunteering - https://www.basdschools.org/volunteering
- Every person interested in volunteering must obtain clearances every 5 years
- All adults entering the building must provide photo ID when signing into the main office.
- To volunteer for school activities and field trips, parents/guardians must be a member of the PTA.
- Sign up to volunteer for JB events:
As the weather changes, please make sure students are dressed appropriately to go outside for recess. We will take students outside in real feel temperatures above 32 degrees. Winter coats, gloves, and hats are recommended.
Lost and Found:
Our lost and found bin is overflowing. If your child is missing a jacket or sweatshirt, you are welcome to stop in after school and look through our lost and found bin.
Please visit the “dining services” page under “families” on the district website for more information about our payment system - schoolcafe.com. You may also see if you are eligible for free & reduced-price meals by applying. Breakfast will be provided to students for free this year.
Please visit BASD's Empower website at https://www.basdschools.org/empower for updated program information such as Frequently Asked Questions, Chromebook Insurance, Screen Time statement, and more helpful documents.
If you have any questions, please call the transportation office at 610-861-0360