Carver Middle School Newsletter
September 7, 2020
Welcome Carver Cougars! We are very excited to start the 2020-2021 school year. As you are aware, school starts for all of our Carver Cougars tomorrow morning! Office hours begin at 7:25 and students should be logged on to Canvas to start class tomorrow at 8 am sharp! Our instructors are excited to welcome you back and to get started with top notch instruction.
Please remind your Cougar to charge his or her chromebook, get plenty of rest and eat a healthy breakfast to be alert for the first day of school tomorrow!
Please see the links below for support with the first few days of school. 2020-2021 will be a great year for Carver Middle School!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Sr., Ed.D.
G.W. Carver Middle School
Carver MS School Counseling Assignments 2020-2021
Welcome to Mrs. Cathy Whitaker our new School Counseling Coordinator! Please see below for your Counselor's contact information. Sixth grade students are assigned counselors based on last name. Please complete the Carver Schedule Request Form if your child's schedule needs to be adjusted and the appropriate counselor will contact you ASAP.
Mrs. Redding A - Kfirstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Whitaker L - Zemail@example.com
Mr. Cunningham- firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 - 2021 Virtual Bell Schedule
Office Hours- 7:25 am - 7:55 am
First Block- 8:00 am - 9:10 am
Second Block- 9:15 am - 10:25 am
Third Block- 10:30 am - 11:40 am
Lunch- 11:45 am - 12:15 pm
Fourth Block- 12:20 pm - 1:30 pm
PAWS Time- 1:30 pm - 2:20 pm
Carver MS Virtual Open House!
Message from our School Nurse Mrs. Geisz
Here are a few reminders from the school clinic, even though we are starting school virtual all of the following are still required for this school year:
1. Proof of immunization: For a complete list of all required immunizations please see the Virginia Department of health link https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/immunization/requirements/ There are 2 Middle School specific requirements. Note :Effective July 1, 2019, a booster dose of Tdap vaccine is required for all children entering the 7th grade. Also note: Effective October 1, 2008, a complete series of 3 doses of HPV vaccine is required. The first dose shall be administered before the child enters the 6th grade, however with HPV, after reviewing educational materials approved by the Board of Health, the parent or guardian, at the parent’s or guardian’s sole discretion, may elect for the child not to receive the HPV vaccine.
2. Immunization records can be faxed to 804.520.0189 to the School Nurse.
3. Update Individual Health service plan: If your child lives with any of the following:
- Life-threatening allergies
- Or any other health concern that requires medication or specific health related procedures while in school please make sure that we have an updated health service plan and/or medication administrations forms. Required forms can be found here https://mychesterfieldschools.com/family-and-community-engagement/preparing-for-school/student-health-and-safety/
4. Please keep in mind due to COVID 19 the use of nebulizers will not be allowed this school year, so please make sure to discuss plans for treatment with your physician if your child has asthma.
I am looking forward to supporting your child to be safe, healthy and ready to learn at Carver Middle School! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com or call me at 804.524.3620 ext.143.
Get a library card over the phone!
Check out this exciting information from the Chesterfield County Public Library!
This will give you access to so many more ebook titles!
Self-Care During COVID-19
Please take a look at the COVID-19 Resources link. As we are all dealing with difficult times children and adults both may benefit from ideas and resources to help us to cope positively with our present reality.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!