ICEF Weekly Newsletter
February 1, 2016
February 5 - Directors' Meeting (NOTE DATE CHANGE)
February 18 - Instructional Specialists' Meeting
February 19 - Elementary Teacher Leader Training, Tentative Date
February 22 - Data Day
March 19 - Athletics for All (MARK YOUR CALENDARS!)
March 25 - Deadline for Formal Evaluations and 3 Informal Evaluations
Focus for the Week - Informal Observations (PLP's!)
News, Helpful Hints, and Reminders
From the Academic Team -
Please note that this week, from Wednesday-Friday, Marie, John, Shannon, and David will be attending the PLC Summit in Arizona. Nimat will be at the TFA Conference from Thursday- Saturday.
Due to this Thursday's oversight at VPPHS, the Directors' Meeting has been moved to Friday, February 5. Ryan will be sending out further information.
Smarter Balanced is seeking CA teachers in grades 3-9 and 11 to pilot new mathematics performance tasks on February 17 and February 18. The application deadline has been extended to February 2, 2016. Interested teachers of should complete the online application, which is posted at http://curtiscenter.math.ucla.edu/content/micro-pilot-3-information.
Please continue to update Sarah and Ryan if you have any openings at your site.
- Remember, if you are planning any events for Arts Fest, please let the Arts Team AND Development and Communications Team know!
- This past break, one of our ICEF Team Members and her family were victims of a tragic fire. Please see the flyer below to help provide support.
Celebrations and Worth Noticing!
- Cheers to the team at View Park Middle School for hosting a successful LAUSD oversight last week! The LAUSD team had nothing but positive celebrations! Go Team!
- Kudos to Ms. Dockery at VPPHS for sharing recruiting suggestions to our ICEF Team! Thank you for your collaborative spirit!
- Shout out to Akeysha Allen-Goods for a successful PIM last week focused on Close Reading!!! Families appreciated the support! What a great way to strengthen the school to home partnership!
- Cheers to VPPHS for generously sharing your space for the Beauty and the Beast Auditions. And cheers to our Arts Team for making this happen!