The Summer Edition: June-July 2015
Shine on! Our Second Edition.....
Sit back, grab a cold drink, and enjoy our Summer edition of the SETSHA Membership Spotlight!
SHINE ON DORIS HALE
· Are you originally from the Golden Triangle area? If not, where did you grow up? No, I am from Arkansas and moved from Little Rock to Beaumont in 1999.
· Tell us about your family/pets. My husband Donald is Postmaster at the Orange Post office. We have two daughters, Kyra and Charnelle. My small family began expanding in 2008 when my daughter Kyra got married and we gained a son-in-law, Marcel. I now have two grandchildren, Leilah and Xavier, so my small family has grown! I have no pets.
· What did you aspire to be as a child? A nurse.
· What was your first job? Working as a student assistant in the principal’s office at my high school.
· What is your current occupation/setting? I am a speech-language pathologist as well as the Executive Director of Capland Speech Therapy Center in Port Arthur.
· What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Reading, walking, crocheting and spending time with my family.
· What’s your favorite food and beverage? My all-time favorite food is actually a snack food and that would be popcorn! However, I do love Mexican and Italian food, mostly lasagna.
· What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done? Climbed Pinnacle Mountain in Little Rock, Arkansas.
· What song were you obsessed with as a teenager? I enjoyed R&B music; Kool and the Gang and KC and the Sunshine Band stand out in my memory.
· If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? I don’t really have any favorites but maybe if he is considered as a fictional character and just for that one very important day ----Santa Claus! (Don’t tell the children).
SHINE ON BRANDI COFFIN
· Are you originally from the Golden Triangle area? If not, where did you grow up? Yes! I was born and raised in Beaumont, Texas.
· Tell us about your family/pets. My husband is a Beaumont police officer and we have two children. Ava is 7 and Margo is 5. We have a Doberman (70 lbs.) and a Chihuahua (4 lbs.) who are the best of friends. The Chihuahua is the boss!
· What did you aspire to be as a child? I guess I just wanted to live at home forever because I can’t remember.
· What was your first job? Hmm….probably working around the family business for free :)
· What is your current occupation/setting? Audiologist at Phelan Hearing Center in Beaumont. My grandfather started Phelan Hearing Center in 1968 and I have been working here since 2004. I love my job!
· What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I don’t have much free time but when I do I love being with family and friends.
· What’s your favorite food and beverage? I love Mexican food and margaritas!
· What’s the most adventurous thing you have ever done? After graduate school I went to Thailand for a month with another student and our professor. I made the best memories riding elephants, feeding tigers, and trying new foods. Oh yes….. can’t forget the shopping and the 1 hour long foot massages for 6 US dollars!
· What songs were you obsessed with as a teenager? My friends and I liked a variety of music. The first musician that came to my mind was Jimmy Buffett.
· If you were a fictional character, who would you choose? Samantha Stephens from Bewitched. I want all my daily chores to be done with one wiggle of my nose!
SHINE ON DELANEA BRONSON
· Are you originally from the Golden Triangle area? If not, where did you grow up? No, I grew up in Wellington, a small town east of Amarillo.
· Tell us about your family/pets. I’ve been married for almost 11 years. We have 2 active young boys. Lachlan is 5 years old and Maddox is 3. We have three dogs (2 boxers and a golden retriever puppy) and 2 outdoor cats. One of the cats is a girl; otherwise it’s me and a whole bunch of boys!
· What did you aspire to be as a child? I wanted to be an elementary teacher and a veterinarian.
· What was your first job? My dad would pay my siblings and I $2.00 / hour to hoe and spray weeds in his cotton fields every summer.
· What is your current occupation/setting? I work as a speech pathologist at Lamar University.
· What do you enjoy doing in your free time? My boys keep me pretty busy. I spend most of my free time hanging out with my fun family. I enjoy my daily workouts and most outdoor activities such as gardening and hiking.
· What’s your favorite food and beverage? Probably chips with guacamole, salsa and queso. I love making homemade salsa from my garden ingredients. I am also a huge fan of coffee.
· What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done? My husband and I learned to scuba dive on a live aboard boat in Australia. We dove the Great Barrier Reef and the SS Yongala shipwreck. We saw the most amazing creatures, the most exciting being a whale shark. We have also been white water rafting in Maine. I look forward to having similar adventures with the boys when they’re older!
· What song were you obsessed with as a teenager? I don’t remember being obsessed with any particular song. I was a teenage girl when Paula Abdul, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Debbie Gibson and Bon Jovi were popular.
· If you could be any fictional character, whom would you choose? Wow! I couldn’t think of a character I would want to be so I took a couple of those quizzes to see which fictional character I was most like. Results ranged from Elizabeth Bennett to Wendy Darling to the Easter Bunny. Wendy had some great adventures. I think I would choose her.