TVUSD Community Newsletter
Friday, February 12, 2021
Reminder - Enjoy Your School Holidays - Friday, February 12 and Monday, February 15!
- A Message From Superintendent McClay
- Reminder - School Meal Distribution is Tuesday, February 16 Due to Holiday
- Status of HUBS
- Status of Reopening Plans
- Reminder -TK/Kindergarten Registration and New Student Enrollment for the 2021/22 School Year
- Home INstead INstruction Program
- Current Positive Case Numbers Reported to TVUSD Within Last 14 Days
- How to Report a Positive Test or Direct Exposure
A Message from Superintendent McClay
This week, we continued to see our local adjusted case rate drop from 62.3 to 44.9, and we anticipate the rapid decrease to continue. This is very promising news for a return to on-campus learning. While I know there are myriad emotions about returning, I want to reassure you that we are prepared. We have layered safety plans and protocols, PPE, cleaning/disinfecting/sanitization supplies, training, videos, documents, signage, communication plans, and so much more. We are grateful to all who have worked tirelessly to get us ready, even with constantly changing guidelines, as well as our labor associations for the ongoing collaboration. It has undoubtedly been the most challenging eleven months in public education, and we are excited to be nearing an opportunity to allow students and staff to return to in-person learning.
With the current trending metrics, Riverside County will likely reach the required 25 adjusted cases per 100,000 within the next few weeks, and we want to ensure that all required steps have been followed. On Tuesday, February 16, the Governing Board will be asked to approve the newly required COVID-19 Safety Plan (CSP). This is the newest iteration of many plans. While the legislature has not yet approved the Governor's plan, the State and County continue to advise that an approved CSP is required to permit a return to on-campus learning. I will also share an updated COVID-19 reopening report and timeline recommendations for TK-12 grades at the meeting. We will then send additional information to you on Wednesday, February 17, with target dates and answers to the most relevant questions.
As always, thank you for your continued support.
Jodi McClay, Ed.D.
Status of General Ed Support HUBS and Special Ed Learning Centers
- EL HUBS reopened on Monday, January 25, 2021.
- General and special education HUBS reopened on Tuesday, February 9, 2021.
- The HUBS are now serving over 800 students. Thank you to all HUB staff for your critical role in providing support services to our HUB students!
- As always, scheduled HUBS depend on site identified needs, staffing and will operate based upon local case rates and indicators.
- Updated health and safety protocol guidelines have been developed and distributed to all HUB staff. The protocols will are sent in reminder emails/texts to all HUB employees and participating families every morning.
Current Reopening Status
- TVUSD is not legally able to open yet. We remain in the deep purple tier.
- The current Riverside County adjusted case rate is 44.9. We are averaging a steady decline of 15 to 20 cases per week.
- Reopening is contingent on 1. The Governor's new plan and metrics which have not been approved by the legislature yet; 2. Advancing into the red tier.
- The Governor's new plan for reopening (if approved) requires that Riverside County has an adjusted case rate of 25 per 100,000 for five days.
- To be eligible for reopening under the Governor's new plan, TVUSD is submitting the required COVID-19 Safety Plan. Negotiations continue with TVEA and CSEA.
- When TVUSD receives approval of the new COVID-19 Safety Plan and Riverside County meets the required 25/100,000, we would reopen initially at the elementary levels, grades TK-5. TVUSD grade levels are TK-5, 6-8, 9-12. To reopen grades 6-12 as TVUSD schools are comprised, Riverside County will have to reach 7 cases per 100,000. Thus, reopening TK-12 grades simultaneously is not an option due to the State's requirements. We are still evaluating options for the 6-12 secondary grades and will likely offer students/families a choice to return.
- Campuses, processes, and protocols are in place when we are granted the authority to re-open.
Reminder - TK/Kindergarten New Student Enrollment and Registration for the 2021/22 School Year
Registration Dates Begin February 17!TK and Kindergarten online pre-enrollment is now open! New enrolling families can complete the online process now and be ready for the scheduled online site registration date. Look for the banner below on the district and all school websites to begin your process or click the photo banner below. To see your school site's TK/K registration date, please click here.
Home INStead INstruction Program for the 2021/22 School Year
We are continuing to move forward with the program development. This week, TVUSD interviewed candidates to serve as the principal of the program. An announcement will be shared as soon as the process is concluded. In the meantime, plans are moving along to develop virtual learning opportunities for TK-12 grade students, beginning in the 2021/22 school year. The goal is to offer families a variety of alternative learning opportunities that best meet students' needs in the 21st Century, Post-Pandemic Education. We are developing various virtual learning opportunities within the Home INstead INstruction initiative for TK-8 students as a new option. At the 9-12 level, we are looking to enhance our current virtual independent student options.
We look forward to continuing to share more information with you in the coming weeks!
Current Positive Case Numbers Reported in TVUSD
How to Report A Positive Test or Direct Exposure for Your Student
- There is a process to report positive tests or direct exposures.
- A contact is defined as a person who is within 6 feet from a confirmed case for more than 15 minutes cumulative within 24 hours, regardless of face coverings.
- There are strict timelines associated with reporting and ensuring we respond, so your use of the systems in place will ensure we respond to your needs and meet our requirements.
Click on the button below and follow the process to connect with a confidential representative who will assist you and expedite the process on your behalf.