Mrs. Lee's Second Grade News
Valley View Elementary
Picture Retake Day is scheduled for this Thursday, October 1st. Students who did not attend the Back to School Fair will need to have their pictures taken. We will also be taking a class picture and a whole school picture on this day. Picture retake forms were sent home last week.
In Reading the kids will be setting individual reading goals this week. So far this year we have been working on a whole class goal of reading stamina (staying in one spot, and reading the entire time). In Math our classroom was chosen to have a teacher from the Bridges Math Curriculum teach our math lesson for a day. On Wednesday all second grade teachers from Valley View and Riverside will be observing our classroom during the morning. The kids are excited to have visitors and a guest teacher!
What can you do at home for math practice?
- Have your child practice counting by 2's, 5's, and 10's.
- Have your child say if a number is odd or even, and explain why.
- Reference the parent letter from Unit 1 when helping with homework.
Cold Cash for College Drive
Monday: Pajama Day or Packer Day & Pennies
Tuesday: Favorite Hat Day & Nickels
Wednesday: Crazy Hair Day & Dimes
Thursday: Wear Your Favorite Color Day & Quarters
Friday: Valley View Spirit Wear Day or Favorite Team Jersey Day & Dollars/Checks
*Second graders have been practicing counting coins during morning work. Help your child to count the coins they bring in!
Remember to sign up for Fall Conferences. You can do it 2 ways:
1. SIgn up on Volunteer Spot (see directions below)
2. Contact me with your preferred date and I will schedule your conference manually.
*I will contact you early next week with your confirmed conference date and time.
1) Click this link to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/EDWVRF
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.